So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just like many before me. brewed up a pumpkin ale. screwed my mash temp up. first it was far too low then I added too much hot water and got it too high. Can't win.

Finished up my first BIAB last night at around midnight. I did a 3 gallon batch of a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone. I got pretty close to my numbers and got an efficiency of 70%. My brew kettle was definitely pushed to the limit and I lost some water during mash in so that may have contributed to the lower efficiency. I also tried to get as much liquid out of the grain as I could have but probably could have gotten a lot more. Overall it was a pretty relaxed brew and I will definitely be doing more BIAB's in the future!

I am brewing 10 gallons of Kolsch right now. My wife's work asked me to make 40 gallons for their 15th anniversary party. To the ATF, I am not making a single penny of it. Unfortunately they wanted it all in bottles. However, they are an advertizing company and they are making a cool label for it that I get the rights to afterwards. :ban:

Just Brewed a Karmeliet, will do a Delirium Tremens on wednesday and a Westvleteren 12 on sunday. Busy week...

I would be brewing this coming weekend, if it wasn't supposed to rain for like the fourth weekend in a row. :mad:

Brewed a pumpkin ale last night and drank a little too much while doing so, especially being a Monday.

Akavango - Have you brewed a Delirium Tremens clone before? It's in my queue.

Gonna brew a Hurricane Irene ESB on saturday. We should have 40MPH winds and 4-5 inches of rain...great day to brew :mug:.

Brewing up my first repeat batch, Hop Head Double IPA kit from Midwest. It's a little different this time though as this is my first AG batch! :rockin: We'll see how it goes!

My third pumpkin,this time its the real deal,no little pumpkins.No perfumy soda pops.Big creamy well balanced pilgrim bliss.I hope.

Going to try to brew a grand cru. everyone's saying we could lose power because of Hurricane Irene. Hoping i have enough of a window on Saturday to get it in the carboy and let it ride.

Brewing a big blonde on Saturday. Just bottled 6 gallons of Oatmeal Stout last night.

I've got a ton of left over malt laying around, 2lbs of this, 2lbs that, .5 this, etc... Most of it previously used in PA or IPAs.. Thinking about running out on my lunch today and picking up a bunch of hops, then combining it all and brewing a 2 gallon "Closet Cleanup IIPA" lol.. See how high that ABV can go!

Tomorrow I'll be brewing a very traditional Finnish sahti. I even went as far as getting the yeast from Finland, and bringing juniper up from North Carolina. Can't wait!

I AM! Janet's brown ale baby. First time. I read it was similar to WTF by Lagunitas and looking forward to it.

I AM! Janet's brown ale baby. First time. I read it was similar to WTF by Lagunitas and looking forward to it.

Just brewed my 6th batch of this last weekend. Probably one of my favorite recipes, it is just awesome.

I did have WTF and it is pretty close, but fresh Janet's is way better.

I'll be doing this one on Saturday most likely. Just found out there is a new LHBS in Haltom City, which basically cuts my drive in half to the next closest one.

Props to Brandanovich for this recipe.

BeerSmith Recipe Printout - http://www.beersmith.com
Recipe: O'Brandigan's Vanilla Stout
Brewer: Brandon Martin
Asst Brewer:
Style: American Stout
TYPE: All Grain
Taste: (35.0)

Recipe Specifications
--------------------------
Batch Size: 5.00 gal
Boil Size: 6.00 gal
Estimated OG: 1.060 SG
Estimated Color: 31.0 SRM
Estimated IBU: 16.9 IBU
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:
------------
Amount Item Type % or IBU
0.30 lb Rice Hulls (0.0 SRM) Adjunct 2.84 %
6.02 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 56.87 %
1.00 lb Barley, Flaked (1.7 SRM) Grain 9.48 %
1.00 lb Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 9.48 %
0.75 lb Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 7.11 %
0.50 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 4.74 %
1.00 oz Goldings, East Kent [5.00 %] (60 min) Hops 16.9 IBU
1.00 items Vanilla Beans (Secondary 5.0 min) Misc
1.00 lb Corn Sugar (Dextrose) (0.0 SRM) Sugar 9.48 %
1 Pkgs Irish Ale (White Labs #WLP004) Yeast-Ale

Mash Schedule: Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Total Grain Weight: 9.58 lb
----------------------------
Single Infusion, Medium Body, Batch Sparge
Step Time Name Description Step Temp
60 min Mash In Add 11.98 qt of water at 165.9 F 154.0 F

Just brewed my 6th batch of this last weekend. Probably one of my favorite recipes, it is just awesome.

I did have WTF and it is pretty close, but fresh Janet's is way better.

That's awesome. I can't wait to try it.

Brewing a batch of "Cream of three crops" this weekend. Might also get another batch of my Cat Haus Ale going too depending on how motivated I feel.

Brewed a Saison today, and tomorrow a Belgian with homemade "syrup".
It's gonna be interesting to see how much color the syrup will add.

Planning on brewing a winter ale in the morning. Even though it's been over 100 for 60+ days straight... Maybe I'll eat a candy cane to make it less awkward.

Back