So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be bonfire casting my first AG with the new wood 3 tier brew stand. Gonna make 10gal of cream of three crops

ive got 20 gallons fermenting, 10 in primary and 10 in secondary so I'm gonna pass on brewing this weekend. Thanks for asking though.

Doing my "Spitzenhund Weizen Bier" hefeweizen as a BIAB this weekend! Spring has sprung!

My lemon balm in the garden has started to come up so I see a lemon balm cream ale in about a month!

Servieren mit hefe!

Top-Dog_Servieren_mit_Hefe_.jpg

I know I'm going to get an incredible amount of **** for what I'm about to list but it's always a hit around my house.

Mexican Cerveza starting Saturday (corona clone)
Honey Wheat starting Sunday

Ellicit, would you mind sharing that recipe with me? My wife asked me to make a keg of Corona, so I have to give it a shot sometime soon.

I hope to be making this one on Saturday AM. It's a recipe that I put together while sitting at my desk. I've got 70z of both Cascade and Pearle in my freezer to work with.

Slutty Blonde American Pale Ale
85% 9lb American Two-row Pale
9% 1lb Wheat Malt
5% 8oz Carared
0% ½oz Carafa III (I'll be adding this grain by grain with tweezers)

boil 60 mins 0.5 Pearle pellet
boil 60 mins 0.5 Cascade pellet
boil 10 mins 0.25 Pearle pellet
boil 10 mins 0.25 Cascade pellet
boil 5 mins 0.5 Cascade pellet
boil 5 mins 0.5 Pearle pellet
boil 1 min 1.0 Pearle pellet
boil 1 min 1.0 Cascade pellet

SafAle American Ale

Gridlocked said:
Ellicit, would you mind sharing that recipe with me? My wife asked me to make a keg of Corona, so I have to give it a shot sometime soon.

I hope to be making this one on Saturday AM. It's a recipe that I put together while sitting at my desk. I've got 70z of both Cascade and Pearle in my freezer to work with.

9% 1lb Wheat Malt
5% 8oz Carared

SafAle American Ale

That is a pretty cool looking recipe. I imagine it will have an orangish to reddish hue? I'm glad to see pales without real caramel malt. I don't think it should be in American pale and ipa's.

Coming soon...to a fridge near you.

Sunday, I'm doing a 10 gallon batch of my Lil Jack Horner Helles. It's my Augustiner clone.. This batch wont be ready till May..Thank god I have a keg and half left.

Yeah....Leftovers Brown Ale.

I have some of ingredients that need to get used, so I ran them through BeerCalculus.

It's gonna be like a bigger, beefed up, dry hopped, Moose Drool Clone-ish thing. I washed some Northwest Ale yeast that needs to get used too...that's good yeast.

If it's good I'll give it a name.

My most efficient/productive day yet because I...

Brewed 10 gallons of IPA (1.062 OG that will be Amarillo dry-hopped)
Kegged 5 gallons of Red Ale (During mash)
Bottled 5 gallons of Pale Ale (During boil)
Had a quick lunch with my parents while enjoying homebrew (During boil)
Kegged 5 gallons of Pale Ale (During cooling)

...all under 6 hours.

Gonna try to brew 10 g of Scottish Wee Heavy AND 10 g BM's centenial blonde. Probably wont brew at all though. Wifeys job is really getting in the way

My most efficient/productive day yet because I...

Brewed 10 gallons of IPA (1.062 OG that will be Amarillo dry-hopped)
Kegged 5 gallons of Red Ale (During mash)
Bottled 5 gallons of Pale Ale (During boil)
Had a quick lunch with my parents while enjoying homebrew (During boil)
Kegged 5 gallons of Pale Ale (During cooling)

...all under 6 hours.

That is efficiency at its finest. Nice Brew Day! :mug:

I'm going to try to do 11 gallons each of dopplebock, CDA, and ESB. We'll see, I may have to postpone one batch until Tuesday.

Gridlocked said:

9% 1lb Wheat Malt
5% 8oz Carared

SafAle American Ale

Surely,
8.5# pale pilsner 2 row
12 oz flaked maize
.5# Rice Hulls
(for Extract use 5.5# extra light DME and corn sugar)
.5# corn sugar
.75oz Tettnanger (90 min)
(Use 1 oz at 60min for extract)
.5oz Saaz (10 min)
White Labs WLP940 Mexican Lager Yeast (this is the key to the true clone)

Keep secondary in a well (indirect) sun lit area (you want it to skunk)

Also, for an easy just to make a Corona Clone,
Muntons makes a Mexican Cerveza kit that is damn near identical if you simply upgrade the yeast to the White Labs WLP940 Mexican Lager Yeast and skunk.

Brewing 10 gallons of Denny's Rye Smile again tomorrow, yeast starter is building nicely right now, this makes 3 brew weekends in a row,maybe I can get a few kegs filled up before summer!!:ban::ban:

22 minutes left in the mash for a 5gal batch of Dennys Rye IPA. first AG brew and ive hit the numbers dead on so far, pretty pumped over smooth its going.

Just got my "stuff" from Brewmasters Warehouse, going to brew a Kolsch and a African Amber clone. First double brew day so its should be interesting.

All of my carboys are currently fermenting thus I have nothing to brew. :-(

Maybe I can invite myself over to a friend's house and convince him to brew. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

Latest posts

Back