So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottling an all grain variation of ChshreCat's Biscuit Brown and brewing up 5.5 gallons my house amber (still tweaking it, but it's getting good) tomorrow.

11 gallons of honey blonde tomorrow. If I'm feeling crazy I may brew 11 gallons of bitter after that. I'm trying to get my March Madness pipeline full.

Gonna brew up 11G of EdWorts Haus Pale Ale... This will be the first batch that is part of "THE OFFICIAL PIPELINE" (insert obnoxious diminishing multi-echo of the word 'PIPELINE' here)...

Picked up all the ingredients today.. Can't wait to pull the tap handle on this one!
:ban:

We're brewing up in Alaska!

Tonight we're trying our newest idea, Pomegranate Wit. No clever name just yet. We'll think of one while the boil's on. Based it on the "Easy Belgian Wit" found here, and adjusted for the alpha acids with what our LHBS had in stock.
Adding the juice of two pomegranates at flame out... mostly for color. Have 14 more pomegranates waiting to be seeded!

I'll be trying my hand at a Rye IPA, with a recipe that I formulated myself. Healthy amounts of Chinook and Cascade hops will be in order!

I'm brewing! It will be a spiced winter ale kit from NB.

I brewed a batch of that in 2009 and it was delicious! Very noticeable spice but not overpowering. I think I upped the malt, though. It was named "Reindeer Pee."

it becomes a consuming consumable passion

Tell me about it.. I barely got all clean up and I'm already looking for my next adventure. Since it was my first and i did have minor hick ups i want to do one more extract recipe and then go to partial..

Anyone have any ideas for a next extract recipe that is NOOB PROOF!!??

Brewing Edwort's haus pale ale tomorrow, just have to get my little helpers to crank the mill, only costs a batch of Spruce Beer this time ;)

Brewing 10 gal. of an AG honey porter on Monday. Would like to also do a 5 gal. partigyle, but have never done it before.

Bee Cave Haus Pale is boiling away right now... thought this would be a nice light spring beer after big dark beers all winter long!

Finished 5 gallons Vienna lager and 5 gallons of Munich Dunkel yesterday.

Trying to get all my lagers in before spring warms my cellar.

Getting my brew on today. Brewing the AHS Northwest Cascadian Dark Ale. Super excited about this one. All the while I am sipping on my previous homebrew... AHS Holiday Ale.

Just put my AHS Smithwick's clone in the primary. I was also going to do an American Amber, but I got a late start. I'll do that next week, I guess. Gonna run out and get some more snacks. I'm waiting for the J-E-T-S-Steelers Game at 6:30.

Did this on Friday. With the help from a friend who knows more than I do about brewing.
2011-01-23_13-36-02_382.jpg

left to right:
5 gallons Russian Imperial Coffee Chocolate Molasses Oatmeal Stout. (sg 1.089)
5 gallons milk stout (Mackeson triple stout clone) (SG 1.038)
5 more gallons Mackeson triple stout clone in the ale pail.(SG 1.043)
5 gallons of mead in the 6 gallon better better bottle that melted when I put it in there too hot.
and the 1 gallon of mead that wouldn't fit in the better bottle since it melted.

Also have 5 gallons of apfelwein going from last week (SG 1.070)
2011-01-23_13-36-15_293.jpg

Everything went okay even though we were having trouble with the mash tun sparge clogging on the first batch, oh and my better bottle melting, we were only supposed to get the honey and water up to 140 to pasteurize it, but was 170 when I started racking it into the BB oops, hopefully there wont be any off flavors.

Extract Brewed hefeweizen. Its fermenting as we speak, OG of 1.050 on the button. My first brew ever so I'm excited. Any ideas on how long I should let it ferment? I've read several theories on Weizens, anything ranging from 1-5 weeks in primary with no secondary (I'm going for an unfilitered very cloudy banana weizen) so I'm not sure how long is just right. Any help would be great!

West Coast Style IPA 12lb 2 row
2 lb Munich Malt
1 lb 60l crystal
3 oz centennial 2oz cascade 1oz willemette O.G.1078 got the recipe from this site sounded good so gave it a try.

Brewed a second batch in as many weekends yesterday! Did a 2.5 gallon test batch of my first recipe creaton. Up to 7.5 gallons for the year. Up from a grand total of zero from last year so off to a good start!!

Chipped away at the ice on my patio and shoveled some snow out of the way, and managed to cook up a Scottish Ale. Can't wait till March to taste it. First time trying a Scottish. I winged my own recipe......10lbs of Gold LME, some 120L, 40L, and Toasted Barley, Wyeast 1728 (with a 650ml starter) and 2oz of Challanger @ 60 minutes. I guess that it should be close to a Scottish???

Back