So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wanted to brew this weekend...but my crappy LHBS was out of yeast. I'll spend tomorrow working on my keezer build, instead.

Just finished brewing a chocolate espresso porter of my own devising. If it turns out well, I'll post the recipe. Tried cold-steeping espresso beans this time. The SWMBO's nephew came by to learn the ropes, too. He had a great time and will be back. Hope to have him brewing his own before too long. He works in a coffee shop and brought the espresso beans.

Just finished brewing a chocolate espresso porter of my own devising. If it turns out well, I'll post the recipe. Tried cold-steeping espresso beans this time. The SWMBO's nephew came by to learn the ropes, too. He had a great time and will be back. Hope to have him brewing his own before too long. He works in a coffee shop and brought the espresso beans.

Let us know, a chocolate espresso porter sounds pretty good right about now! :mug:

10 gallons of Blonde Ale in the books. First 10 gallon batch thanks to my March pump and everything went rather smooth. 5 gallons gets WLP001 and 5 gets WY3787.

going to attempt two batches tomorrow, I ordered all the grain for 4 batches about 5 weeks ago and only got to brew one so far. Hope it's all still good. Going to do a newcastle clone from midwest, and I ordered all the ingredients for bee haus pale, and IPA, so I gotta pick which one I'll do. Hopefully I can get my fat donkey out of bed early and get moving so I don't spend all day brewing.

Hope you have more luck than I did, I do not scientifically examine every (cross that out) ANY aspect of my brews at this point. Midwest was OK, but mine didn't come close. I now have an all grain that was right on last time. Grains are crushed, yeast is started I am going for a second round as everyone and their brother liked the first 10 gallons.

Here it is in case you or someone else wants to try it:

10 gallon batch

18 lbs Maris Otter 2 row malt (I used American two row first 55 pound sack)
4 oz. Chocolate Malt
4 Oz. Crystal Malt
3 oz. Black Patent Malt

1 oz. Target - 60 min
1 oz. East Kent Goldings - 15 min.

White Labs British Ale Yeast (WLP005)

What? every strain or did you need a particular one?

All they had was lambic and lager smack packs. My LHBS is actually Ithaca Beer Brewery/Store. I think they try to help out homebrewers, but their stock fluctuates badly, so you can never depend on picking up necessary ingredients there.

Going to brew the Austin Homebrew Supply American Red Ale.
Hope its going to turn out the way i Imagine. Really looking forward to this batch.

Brewing tomorrow. I have not had a chance to brew in a while so I am going to attempt to do 4 batches tomorrow. A Dubbel, IPA, APA, and an IBA. Probably brewcast the day since there will be 4 or 5 people coming over that will be brewing too.

Ed

Brewing an ordinary bitter today, the first run on my Brutus clone!

It's gonna be a scorching 41 degrees in Cleveland today so I want to brew before it drops back to the teens.

Brewing up Austin Homebrew's Scottish Heavy 70 /- All-Grain using White Labs Edinburgh yeast. Starter worked like a champ this week. Having a couple of friends over to introduce them to all-grain brewing.

Can't wait until it's finished -- planning on using the yeast cake for a Wee Heavy.

Brewing a dry stout today. First time brewing in 6 months!...

Between building a 12X24 outbuilding in the back yard, a head-on collision due to inattentive driving (other driver) that broke my foot in 7 places, and having a baby, this is the first chance I could get.

It's a beautiful day and is supposed to go up to 51°F. I'm mashing now and while smoking a Fuente with my morning coffee. Things are going alright.;)

I have friend coming over to show him how to brew. Brewing up a MO/WGV SMaSH ordinary bitter that will become the base for my House ESB.

Mash water started right now for 10gal of Honey i'm Beer. My first honey beer! Also Kegging 5 gal of mild later!

SD

In the midst of 11 gallons of a brew between an APA and an American Amber - 15 2-row, 2.5 Vienna, 3 Munich, 2.5 40L, 1 Magnum, 2 G. Tettnanger, 1 Amarillo. going to ferment 5 gal w/ Safale US-05, and 5 gal w/ Safale US-04.

Dave

wish i could but waiting on my new equipment and still gathering supplies to go to a rims system, dam you scuba blichmann why can you not ship faster, anywho well good luck to all you lucky bastards brewing!!!

Just bottled one batch and I gonna brew a SNPA clone tomorrow. Breaking in my new SS turkey fryer and I'm Going to try pitching on my yeast cake for the first time.

Brewed a Belgian Tripel from a brewers best kit last night. However, the guy I was brewing with insisted we put coriander and orange peel though its not in the style...

Brewed an Extra Stout today. I can't really call it a Foreign Extra, since I used American 2-row. I'm excited--it's a 1.079 OG!

brewing a mild with Rice and steel cut oats added to it right now...using my Igloo 5 gallon cooler MLT for the first time..its working awesome!!!

brewing a mild with Rice and steel cut oats added to it right now...using my Igloo 5 gallon cooler MLT for the first time..its working awesome!!!

Brewed 10 gallons of English Mild today, head to head of Thames vs. Thames II in the yeast department. Man, halfway through January and I'm already a quarter of the way to my yearly quota. Oops.

Brewing a dry stout today. First time brewing in 6 months!...

Between building a 12X24 outbuilding in the back yard, a head-on collision due to inattentive driving (other driver) that broke my foot in 7 places, and having a baby, this is the first chance I could get.

It's a beautiful day and is supposed to go up to 51°F. I'm mashing now and while smoking a Fuente with my morning coffee. Things are going alright.;)

Glad to see your recovery is going well, good to see you back on the horse!

Hurray! I brewed 5g of Mild today at dawn on a frozen lae while ice fishing, then went to HBT member sourmash's house for his first brew on his brand new Brutus 10! What great system and a super fun day.

Cheers to Sourmash and his super cool friends:mug: Next time, you can drink my beer.

Back