So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still working on scrubbing some 4 batches of bottles while I wait for the spring water to chill. Those 5 qt ice cream buckets hold 7-12oz bottles at a time. Handy for carting bottles to the kitchen to wash. Then onto the bottle tree on my bottling table. Then brew the watermelon hefe & make dinner...gonna need a beer after all that.:mug:

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407086083.757869.jpg
20 gallons of Old Speckled Hen clone

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

House to myself. Brewing a Citra Pale Ale from Morebeer and steeping grains are just about done. Poured an Elysian Immortal IPA and rocking to Pandora - White Buffalo station.

Cheers!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1407088123.203230.jpg

So far, the kits I've gotten from Morebeer have been pretty good! I think I'm going to explore them further. With that warehouse in PA, I've gotten two out of three orders the next morning with Fed-Ex! And each item is listed for either or both warehouses they're available from as well. Now that's service! :mug:

Brewing my Oktoberfestbier. I already break tradition by doing my Oktoberfest party in late October rather than late September (with SoCal weather, this is a bit cooler)... But if I'd waited much longer to brew this, I'd have to have a Novemberfest party!

1407093890266.jpg

Well, took a rest after cleaning a big bunch of HB bottles. Time to start haulin' stuff into the kitchen to get that watermelon hefe going. By the time that's done, I'll have to start making my dinner casserole...:drunk:

No brewing this weekend..... but I kegged an American Wheat, American Pale and Dark Mild for a party I am having in 2 weeks. Also chilling 4 Liters of starter wort to get an Oktoberfest starter and 1056 starter (for an amber) going.... probably brew the amber tomorrow.

Sparging a rye IPA now. I'm going to split it into 3 two gallon batches each with different hops. And then split each of those into a 1 gallon batch with a different yeast strain.

Brewing my Oktoberfestbier. I already break tradition by doing my Oktoberfest party in late October rather than late September (with SoCal weather, this is a bit cooler)... But if I'd waited much longer to brew this, I'd have to have a Novemberfest party!

I brewed up an Oktoberfest today too.

Picked up the ingredients for a black version of two hearted. Using 2 oz centennial pellets for bittering and 4 oz of fresh picked centennials from the garden. Should be fun and tasty!

pumpkin spice ale in the primary now....basic American Ale recipe and a spice mix in the last two minutes. smelled great!

The Doctor

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."
"What waters? We are in the desert."
"I was misinformed."

I got the watermelon hefeweizen in primary @ 8:09PM. The stated OG of 1.046-1.050 went up to 1.054 @ 64.4F. The 3C of sugar baby watermelon juice added that much. I bought 3 of them @ $3.99 each, thinking I'd need that many to get 3C of juice minus solids. WRONG! 1 of them yielded, after 2X straining, 5 3/4C of juice! Really sweet with great flavor too! So we'll see how 3C works out vs 2.5C the other member used.:mug:

Tommorrow brewing an Ithaca Flower Power IPA clone, Beersmith has it at 7.6% so I consider that DIPA territory. Looking forward to it, it's got 7 diff hops in it, should yield an interesting result.

3 batches tomorrow. It's A Trapp- my Belgian IPA, Ryedin' the Storm Out- my Rye IPA and a new recipe I formulated that I'll be brewing for the first time, Sauvin Blanc- an all Nelson Sauvin hopped farmhouse ale with Brett that will be Oaked and dry hopped.

Well, the watermelon hefe from last night pegged the airlock center piece. But no explosive fermentation as yet. Have to keep an eye on it though. It could just be a late bloomer....:D

This will be my 3rd weekend in a row brewing. Weekend before last I brewed a pretty basic Saison to have something for the keezer (only 3 of 4 taps running right now :(), Last weekend I brewed another batch of the Strawberry/Rhubarb pale ale to have ready for when the keg kicks (it is on permanent tap at my house), and this weekend I will be brewing my first 10 gallon batch and it will be a Chocolate coffee stout that I am brewing for an obstacle / peep eating / shooting / soda chugging event called Cola Warrior. I will be floating 20 marshmellow peeps in the boil and the 10 gallons will be brought for after event refreshments (once all the firearms are secured of course). It will be called Peep Show Stout :D.

I ended up doing 15 gallons on Friday. I decided to parti-gyle a 5 gallon batch after I got enough for the 10 gallon batch. Used some amber LME, turbinado sugar, and Conan yeast (<-- heady topper yeast). No idea what it will taste like but should be good.

15 gallons at one time was way too much. Had the keggle outside on the deck on propane and the 5 gallon batch on the stove in the kitchen. Too much running back and forth to ensure no boil overs.

Hopefully, if Brewmasters Warehouse delivers on time (which they usually do), I'll be brewing up a Mocktoberfest Ale based off of Biermuncher's OctoberFAST Ale recipe on Saturday morning.

I have to start early because once it gets about noon down here, not only is it hotter than the sun, but it rains EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

I'll be using Kolsch yeast for this one. I've used it twice so far with decent results.

I like the WL029 Kolsch yeast for my hybrid lagers. should work well at ale temps (65-69F) for an oktoberfest beer. My watermelon hefeweizen finally got to bubbling in fast spurts...I think it's finally blowin' it's load?...

Oatmeal Amber Ale in the fermenter and bubbling already. Maybe an American Wheat tomorrow..... Helles and Oktoberfest starters going. Couple jars of 1056 and 1469 in the fridge........ Back to school in 10 days - gotta fill up some fermenters!

My watermelon hefe is still bubbling away steadily this morning. The 30% head space my Cooper's Micro brew FV gives per instructions is working out great in keeping explosions at bay.

Planning a Munich helles. Already have the starter going, two more steps.

Fiancee is going out of town and I am debating brewing another batch. But I have no idea what and I wouldn't have a fridge for it. I keep my apartment at 73-77, so maybe a saison or maybe that new de bom yeast.

Ingredients from NB should be here Thursday and I will bottle my honey wheat ale giving me a free primary. Yep, I could brew my attempt to clone A Lil Sumpin Sumpin!

It's not the weekend. This thread specifically only matters to people who brew on the weekends, because weekends are the only time people brew.

My bad. I'd try to brew again this weekend but on vacation. Maybe I'll brew again tomorrow just to brew again on a week day against thread rules! :D

I'm on a staycation so it's technically my weekend so I'm brewing a cream of three crops batch right now while drinking my citra hopped apple wheat (tastes like pineapple)

1 more hour of work then I'll either be brewing right away or this afternoon..regardless brewing up my first attempt at a RIS! Big beer, big grain bill, can't wait!

In about 1 hour, it's gonna be Oktoberfest time! Got some pulled pork to grind on, some friends stopping by and of course homebrew to consume.

Latest posts

Back