So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brew friend, Carl, and I are brewing 10 gal. of Apple Ale. I'm going to split it half using 1 gallon of apple juice in one and 1 gallon of apple cider in the other. Interested in seeing the difference between the two and which one I like better. Would be interested in hearing if anyone else has experience with an apple ale. :mug:

I have done an apple ale, its an extract recipe I got from "260 more homebrew favorites" book. It takes 12lbs. of chopped apples though so you will need a bucket or conical to suite.

Yooper's Hoppy Amber on deck for Saturday - weather looks to be fantastic for a change (knock on wood). If things go really well I may even stop by the LHBS for another recipe I have in mind.

Brewing a rye saison with the new Yeast Bay Wallonian Farmhouse strain. I still can't decide whether to go American or continental with the late hops... it will probably be a game time decision! ;)

A few weeks ago I got 2 extract kits... Then I pick up an AG rig. Oh we'll, brew the 2 kits then on to AG and beyond:tank:

Brewed an Otter Galaxy SMaSH last night and missed my OG by 7 points and forgot to throw in my whirlfloc. Not my best performance, I blame the cold medicine. I hope it doesn't turn out great because I will never be able to replicate it :cross:

Brewed an Otter Galaxy SMaSH last night and missed my OG by 7 points and forgot to throw in my whirlfloc. Not my best performance, I blame the cold medicine. I hope it doesn't turn out great because I will never be able to replicate it :cross:

It will. Sorry :D

done the mash and just waiting for it to come up to boil. sort of a session IPA hopefully.

and for you fellow Canadians, i\m drinking a Muskoka Brewery Detour session IPA. i really enjoy it. tons of hop flavor but not super bitter.

7kg malt - check
17l of 80°C water - check
MLT that will hold temperature and water for the next 12 hrs - I'll find out tomorrow. :eek:

A few buds want to brew. We are going to crank out a 10Gal Stout,
10Gal Hopslam clone, Porter, and a 10gal mead

Hoping to brew an Irish Stout this weekend but it is also my wife's birthday so have to save some time to party for her birthday!!

I was. I just purchased a spikes brewery 10gal kettle but it arrived cracked so no brewing for me (this was going to be my 1st full boil). Hope they can replace it quick just waiting to hear from them.

Edit: they are sending one out 1st thing monday..great CS from them..

If I get a short opportunity I'll whip up a canned cider kit I picked up a couple weeks ago. Seems like the easy way out, I can be lazy every now and then. Hard to believe cider goes for about $3.25 a tall can. Insanity.

7kg malt - check
17l of 80°C water - check
MLT that will hold temperature and water for the next 12 hrs - I'll find out tomorrow. :eek:

Holding water, yes. Holding Temperature, not so much. Still, it was a brew day and I have 20L in a fermenter and an IPA in a couple of weeks.

Going to take my new 10gal brew kettle for a spin tomorrow. Will brew my last extract beer, a SMaSH with Fuggles (although I suppose it is possible there's more than one malt in the DME, I'm going to call it a SMaSH anyway)

"I will make it felony to drink small beer. "

Question to all my sour beer fans... is Sour in the Rye from the Bruery brewed with Brett Brux? I just brewed a saison yesterday with 3711, and I wanted to add blackberries when the fermentation started to slow. I also decided I want to make my first sour beer, so I decided I am going to dump my favorite beer's dregs into it. That way, initially it will just be a blackberry saison, but as time goes on it will sour up in the bottle. Anyone know if Sour in the Rye is a brett brux sour?

Finally getting to my peach hydromelomel project. Think I may throw some juneberries in it too.

EDIT: juneberries out because I was going over my target volume.

Just brewed my Brewers Best Irish Stout...Had 1 problem. I added the dme, lme and Maltodextrin ...and at 8 minutes into the boil I noticed the 2nd bag of dme.

So I added it right away...any problem with the late addition of half the dme??

Thanks Lowell

Just brewed my Brewers Best Irish Stout...Had 1 problem. I added the dme, lme and Maltodextrin ...and at 8 minutes into the boil I noticed the 2nd bag of dme.
So I added it right away...any problem with the late addition of half the dme??
Thanks Lowell

Nope, there are even recipes that have you add during the last bit of the boil.

Brewing my raspberry wheat right now

1397421157862.jpg

1397421174255.jpg

Brewed an American wheat yesterday. The yeast is going nuts in the fermenter as I type this. Also added some Orval dregs to a gallon of another brew I did.

Back