So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing special this weekend just my daily drinker... A California style IPA.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393194390.255098.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393194093.941237.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I spent a LONG a** brew day yesterday (pitched yeast at 3 this morning) on two, 10 gallon batches.

Cascadian Black IPA: I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.

Belgian Blond: Carpet Matches Curtains.

So tired today I can't think.

:mug:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Fermentation.jpg

Just woke up. It isn't the weekend, but I'm gonna brew anyway. Doing up NB's Phat Tyre. It's cold outside, but I should be able to set up the burner closer to the door.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Home Brew mobile app

The kettle is on the burner and it is 24° F outside. Time to pour a cold one. It's a good day.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Home Brew mobile app

Just mashed-in for a dry Irish stout. Probably the last bottle conditioner guy to try to make THE holiday.

I'd have a pic, but sub-freezing temps makes for crappy pics.

So, for my strawberry blonde (6 gallons) and plain blonde (1-1/2 gallons), I fortified them with 3 lbs light DME. I drew off a gallon of the strawberry wort and brought to a boil...added DME and boiled 15 minutes. Chilled in ice bath to 75F. Measured 17 cups. Added 13-1/2 cups to the strawberry blonde and 3-1/2 cups to the plain blonde. Fermentation started back up just fine. Hours later, the strawberry bucket was putting some krausen in the blow off. The small, plain batch slowed to a bubble every minute or so. I don't know if it's going to get stuck or slowly ferment out.

I managed to get the SG up to 1.040. I was shooting for 1.047 to 1.053, but this will do. If I get it down to 1.010, the ABV will be above 4%. That's acceptable.

Going to whip up a Light Amber and/or Irish Red this weekend. It's an Irish Red recipe with English hops and yeast. Looking forward to tasting it in a month and a half.

Double brew day Saturday, 10gal of California Common and 5 gal of a single hop Saison with Nelson fermented with Brett only experiment.

I hope to do a Kolsch on Saturday, and help a friend with his first batch of homebrew, an Irish Red, on Sunday. Both 5 gallon batches.

The blind leading the blind on this one. (Okay half serious, I have done at least 12 homebrews now)

Long weekend for me, so I'm bottling my Scotch Ale on Friday; bottling an ESB on Saturday; and brewing a Northern English Brown on Sunday.

Taking a shot at my first common bitters from a recipe direct from "over the pond". Had to convert the recipe to pounds, ounces and farenheit. :) 5 gal. AG

Looking forward to tasting this one.

Brewed and bottled last weekend. Taking my birthday off Saturday and doing a brewery tour and a winery tour instead! Looking forward to sampling some White Rabbit brews in Angier and whatever wines Gregory Vineyards creates!

Well...maybe looking for an alternate plan. White Rabbit offers two tours on Saturday and both are full. Oh well, I'll find something fun to do!

Planning on doing 11 gallons of APA Saturday morning - gotta get the wedding beers going. It'll be my first time doing two BIAB's side-by-side; hopefully the guy whose kettle I'm borrowing for the second batch will stick around to lend a hand, otherwise it'll be a wild ride.

Doing a smash session ale and an american wheat. Going split the wheat to two half batches and experiment. Gotta bottle this weekend too.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've changed my mind about 15 times so far this week. Brewing on Friday, going to make two 6 gallon batches. One will be a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar clone, but the other might be:

Jamil Z's schwarzbier
Session Black Lager clone
Boston Lager clone, up-hopped
Old Chub clone
Ten Fiddy clone
Black Butte Porter clone

They all sound good and I've got the ingredients for all of them so I can't make up my mind :confused:

I'm lining up my brew for my June memorial celebration, so I'll be brewing every other Saturday for the next 14 weeks (plus one for home brew club competition).

This Saturday is a Red Ale.

Going to do a Rochefort 8 clone attempt this weekend. It's the biggest beer I have ever done, and it is going to take up 90% of my mash tun. With the addition of the 4-5 temp rest schedule is going to make this an event. I always drink while brewing, but will have to hold off if its going to be an 8 hour project. Little bit nervous, this could become such a mess.

I did an Extract today to test the Bayou Banjo 210K burner. I think my tank must have frozen as an hour into the brew I lost gas. Tank is full. It is 20 degrees outside where I was brewing...:drunk: Brew Belt heater to the propane tank? I'm glad it was an extract that did not really need a long boil, otherwise it worked great!

Back