So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeast getting happy for tomorrow's IPA:

11572095.jpg

I'd always understood that airlocks weren't good for starters since you need some oxygen to get in there.

I'd always understood that airlocks weren't good for starters since you need some oxygen to get in there.

I've heard and seen it both ways. It seems to be working fine, bubbling away nicely. Believe me, I aerated the crap out of that wort going into the growlers. But now that I'm awake and in the same room where I can keep an eye on them I'll probably switch over to foil.

Just mashed in my first Maibock! Well, a maibock-ish ale. I'll be fermenting under pressure, 63F, with WL001.

Not brewing this weekend, brewing on monday due to new schedule change. I will be brewing a IIPA (my recipe) monday and a Porter (my recipe) tuesday.

Brewing the American brown ale (The "Janet's" one from brewing classic styles). Anyone brewed this one?

just mashed in a about 15 min ago. it's 19 degrees here, coldest day i've ever brewed outside. Missed my mash temp by 3 degrees (was going for 153, got 150). I even overshot my strike water temp by 3 degrees! oh well, i'm sure it will be fine.

Bottled a Blonde ale that had been in primary for 17 days and have an oatmeal stout bubbling away in primary

Brewing an English Bitter with my daughter Maeve. She picked the kit out at my LHBS because she wants to call it English Shark Biter Ale. Maeve's nine and really into sharks.

Brewing with my daughter - life is good.

Going for my 3rd round of my Oktoberfest Ale. First was GOOD but to dark. Second got infected. Hope third a charm.

But somehow I mismeasured my grain at the LHBS and instead of 3.8 lbs I have 4.4 lbs. (I do 1.75g batches). Gonna be a stronger brew for sure.

The trouble I don't know which of the 4 grains was upped or perhaps a little of each. :0(

mjdonnelly68 said:
Brewing an English Bitter with my daughter Maeve. She picked the kit out at my LHBS store because she wants to call it English Shark Biter Ale. Maeve's nine and really into sharks.

Brewing with my daughter - life is good.

Awesome! Some of my best memories growing up were helping my dad brew. I didn't mind the grunt work then ( washing bottles) lol

just finished my ESB. Got 77% efficiency, so pretty happy about that. Pretty uneventful brew day, other than mis-calcuating my sparge and had to add an extra 1/2 to my boil

Doing my first AG batch tomorrow!!! :tank:

I'm doing a clone of Pacific Rim Brewing Co's. (now closed) Ring of Fire! I'm stoked. I'm not a huge fan of pepper beers, but this one was worth the hour drive at the time!
I was able to track down the head brewer, and he sent me an awesome email telling me how they brewed it!

:mug:

Brewing my third batch today a True Brew All Malt Porter kit. Lots of chocolate malt in this one. Quick question it's telling me to pitch the yeast at 90 degrees instead of 70 like I have done in the past does that seem a bit high?

aacampora said:
Brewing my third batch today a True Brew All Malt Porter kit. Lots of chocolate malt in this one. Quick question it's telling me to pitch the yeast at 90 degrees instead of 70 like I have done in the past does that seem a bit high?

You are correct, don't pitch at 90

Waiting on a few ingredients to get here. UPS says they should be delivered tomorrow. Plan on doing my first partial mash with 6lbs of grain and 2.75 lbs of DME tomorrow.

I am trying Thunderworm's American Wheat recipe, but I will be using White Labs 320 American Wheat Yeast instead of the Kolsch. Really excited to try this.

Brewed the Rastafar-Rye yesterday. The yeast starter is about ready and the wort is at a nice stable temperature after a night in the brew closet. Only thing to do today (besides a poker game tonight) is take a gravity reading and pitch the yeast!

550 pm Is still the weekend in North Cackalacky. I'm just about to start the AHS Apocalypso all grain.

Brewin now bitches! Making a porter for SWMBO. Otherwise it woulda been another Belgian.

I want to know how cold you guys will brew in? Its 30 and dropping fast as the sun goes down, but I grew up in Minnesota so I'm worried if this is too hot and will ruin my batch of beer?! Plus, I'm still working out the kinks on my gear and overshot my volume, so long boil for me.

Latest posts

Back