So what do you guys do besides brew (pics encouraged)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride dead hogs down the side of the highway with rednecks.

TL_on_Hog.jpg

Somebody's gotta do it.

TL

This is me back in High school. Doing what I did best back then. I couldn't find the electronic pic, so I took a pic of my senior yearbook.

100_1384.JPG

I'll get some pictures of me on fires sometime soon.

and snowboarder:
corbetts.jpg
I was wondering where this was, but the file name solves is.

mmm jackson hole. I have **** my pants every time I've gone down corbetts .
the "big" coulier in Big Sky is a tad scary to. But I'd think you would have to be insane not to fear these, if nothing for the respect you must give them. It's like jumping out of an airplane, got to ask yourself, why am I doing this again? Oh yeah this **** is awesome! :ban::rockin:

Finally found one of me at work. Sorry for the lack of flamage. Usually when there's big flames, I'm a little busy.

GetAttachment1.jpg

Pretty safe to say no beer in this picture.

My "job" is an Arabic Interpreter in the US Army. Here I am in a meeting wearing one of our Iraqi National's authentic garb that he brought in.
n40602660_32606447_1928.jpg

Snowboard in the wonderful mountains in Washington.
n40602660_32521622_2473.jpg

Mountain Bike! Love me some single-track.
n544811511_165086_8862.jpg

Visit my former home, Mackinac Island, Michigan. When I am out of the Army in less than 2 years my wife and I are moving back.
n199600721_30351376_2061.jpg

Grill. Thats an old Army helmet I am wearing yes. Since I am in the Army, my wife makes me wear it and calls me the grill Sergeant. I dont mind.
n199600721_30351401_5717.jpg

Watch the Mariners lose.
n40602451_31810085_6235.jpg

Play with guns. That is a Remington M24 A2 sniper rifle with a silencer attached. Some people say that it is illegal to have a silencer attached. What was this $7,000 pre-production rifle doing in my living room... I dunno
n40602660_33168371_6579.jpg

My "job" is an Arabic Interpreter in the US Army.
How hard was that to learn? Thank you for your service. :mug: Especially after cramming a language like that in your head. :drunk:

noremorse1 said:
When I am out of the Army in less than 2 years my wife and I are moving back.

Great picture! SWMBO (MI native) and I visited there a few years ago, was great! Beautiful!

KopyKat how long you been fishing from a yak?

I guess about 5 years now. I used to have a bass boat. I replace it with a yak and like it much better. In Austin I can be on the water in several lakes and rivers within 10 - 30 minutes.

No insurance payments.
No endless care and maintenance.
No constant throwing money at it.
No motor noise, traffic jams.

Go places like this where I am the only soul on the water:

EarlyStart.jpg

MVC-010L.jpg

MVC-002L.jpg

I guess about 5 years now. I used to have a bass boat. I replace it with a yak and like it much better. In Austin I can be on the water in several lakes and rivers within 10 - 30 minutes.

No insurance payments.
No endless care and maintenance.
No constant throwing money at it.
No motor noise, traffic jams.

Go places like this where I am the only soul on the water:

Sounds good, we bought my son one for Christmas and we will get ours after the first of the year. Looking forward to next spring for sure!

How hard was that to learn? Thank you for your service. :mug: Especially after cramming a language like that in your head. :drunk:

Great picture! SWMBO (MI native) and I visited there a few years ago, was great! Beautiful!

Funny you should ask... it took me 5 years to earn a Bachelors in English Literature and only a year and a half to become fluent in Arabic. I guess the Army is a little more efficient with their education.

In all seriousness, I was in class 5 days a week, 8 hours a day for 1 year at the Defense Language Institute. Then I was in class half that time for another 6 months. In short... it was kinda grueling.

As to Mackinac Island, it is beautiful. I miss it like crazy. I always enjoyed how tourists, after being informed that myself and about 1,000 others live there year round, would ask "On the Island?". Most were baffled that we could afford it and that we could survive the winters where, after the water froze, the only way off the Island was on a single-prop airplane or on a Snowmobile across the ICE Bridge. The Islanders mark the "bridge" with Christmas trees every hundred yards or so for easy navigation across. When you go over there are three things you must bring back: Toilette Paper, Salad, and Beer. I once hiked across the ice. NEVER AGAIN!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssU3_4Xa9u4]YouTube - Snowmobiling on the Ice Bridge - Mackinac Island[/ame]

Back