So... What did Santa bring you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two gift cards to homebrew shops (one even came with a cool looking glass and hop candy), a bottle of the Heavy Seas-Stone collab (Imperial Brown IPA) and a book called Goodnight Beer.

My wife and son (who also brews) really took care of me!

JaDeD Hydra chiller
TrubTrapper
Refractometer
Bench Capper
Gordon Strong's "Brewing Better Beer"
Hardwood mash paddle
Leather-bound brewing journal
6.5 gal carboy
And for when the brewing is done for the day, a thistle glass and some really nice shirts

3/8 SS wort chiller, beer books, refractometer and a Tilt Brewometer.

Just ordered all the parts to use them:
  1. BT dongle to connect the Tilt to my brewPi
  2. Ballock QD connector and adapter for the chiller (will be used "inside out", wort through the chiller standing in a bucket of ice)

Santa came a bit early this year, and brought tickets to the Packers game on the 24th. Great game, its always fun to see the Vikings loose!!

20161224_121943.jpg

I guess I was good and bad santa brought me a win in Cleveland on the 24th when I was there, but also gave me a super nasty case of food poisoning from the Texas Roadhouse in Erie, Pa on the way home. Needs less to say spend the last 36hrs in bed and in the bathroom!

Couldn't even go enjoy Christmas dinner with the family yesterday. I was left home alone to suffer lol. Can't wait to be better. A good case of food poisoning is like satans in your insides:-(. Wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy even the Baltimore ravens!

I guess I was good and bad santa brought me a win in Cleveland on the 24th when I was there, but also gave me a super nasty case of food poisoning from the Texas Roadhouse in Erie, Pa on the way home. Needs less to say spend the last 36hrs in bed and in the bathroom!

I guess that's what you get for living in PA and being a Browns fan. ;)

A Midwest Supplies gift card and a wicked hangover (although I had more to do with that). I need to learn to lay off the home brew and random shots of unwanted liquor on Christmas Eve. Christmas day was rough.

How to Brew by Palmer, a cool Best of BYO edition with 250 clone recipes in it, and universal approval of my beers by family and friends who were visiting for the holidays.

In fact, I put a new keg of Centennial IPA and a Sam Adams White Christmas clone on for the weekend, and the IPA keg was kicked before sunset on Christmas eve! I was really happy that everyone seemed to genuinely enjoy the beer that I brewed.

Catalyst Fermentation System 6.5gal, Zombie dirt kit from NB, Micromatic Stout Tap, Coney Island Brewery Mugs, Growler of an unnamed Choc. Stout.

Mom and son are doing fine, now I have a reason to open some Three Floyds Dark Lord Imperial Stout a buddy gave me! Too tired to brew now but most likely will do something on 1st bday.
I would not wait until his 1st birthday to brew again. What better excuse to start a special beer that you ferment for almost a year and open it ON his 1st birthday:tank::ban::mug:

Not Herpes :rockin:

Got a nice stainless steel growler that also has a separate lid with picnic tap and co2 input for serving and a LHBS gift card.

Santa is bringing me 10lbs of hops.
Galaxy
Vic Secret
Mosaic
Citra
Azzaca

and a 4x1lb grab bag from niko brew.

I'm practically out of good ipa hops. This should hold me for a bit.

Santa is bringing me 10lbs of hops.
Galaxy
Vic Secret
Mosaic
Citra
Azzaca

and a 4x1lb grab bag from niko brew.

I'm practically out of good ipa hops. This should hold me for a bit.

Victoria's Secret hops?!?? Woop woop!!

Santa was a bit late so he sent this bottle tree with my son in law...

20161226_183104.jpg

Got $120 in gift cards for my LHBS. Also got a chest freezer so I can do the keezer build I'm planning. :rockin:

A chest freezer and all the stuff to build my first keezer! Finally done with bottling!

Oh trust me...you are never really done with bottling...
Kegging just means you can now package it using a beergun and have it carbed, clean, colder and ready to drink now for your friends which means they will want more of it.

Amazon gift cards from the parental that bought a refractometer, 3 pack of airlocks (I lose them like a dryer loses socks, I can never find them in my house) and an induction cooktop...and my sister gave us a nice heavy-duty growler that she personally etched with our monogram. The kid gave me a gift card to a skin care website that she loves.

Cash and permission (sweetest gift a SWMBO can give) to splurge on a LaMotte brewing water test kit, 0.1g digital scale, pH meter, and additives so I can start working on my water.

Back