So I'm trying to build my pipeline.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbaillargeon

Reaction score
So I just moved, so couldn't brew for a while (didn't want to haul full carboys and stuff)

I have 5 kegs that need to be fulled.

Right now in my primary fermenters I have a mild dark ale and some ESB.

What should be next?

I tought of :mug:

• A belgian Tripel
  • Oatmeal stout
  • Irish Red Ale

Is there a way to get those beer to drinkability quick? Or perhaps the ABV in the tripel would be a hurdle in that regard? :confused:

Cause man, I don't wanna buy beer ever again.

I've found that a beer being dark can take a while to condition properly. Some pale ales/IPA's would be fast too.

Reuse that ESB yeast in an oatmeal stout (or pumpkin ale, if you like that sort of thing).

Many of the English strains are ridiculously fast to ferment and clear, even with higher OGs. If you pitch enough yeast, control temps, aerate sufficiently, etc, you can keg quickly, even with big beers.

When I've screwed up and have empty kegs I knock out a wheat or pale ales. Get those good to drink then toss a slower guy in the next batch.

You can move wheat beers and some pale ales through to glass in a couple of weeks.

Back