So... I'm feeling pretty clever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyQuid

Reaction score
I know it doesn't seem to be a very popular beer on this forum, but I decided to brew a Shock Top clone kit.
This is my second batch. My first batch was a light Amber Ale and it is delicious. My wife even said it tastes better than Fat Tire. (One of the best compliments she could've given)
Anyway, so I just finished kegging this Shock Top clone tonight and I was trying to think of a clever name for it. After a few lame ideas it came to me. You ready for it? SHOP TOCK! :rockin:Hopefully you guys think it's at least half as cool as I do. Now to come up with a label for it.

Cheers!!

Congrats on your second brew. Never had shock top, but who cares what anyone thinks about a beer that you or the wife likes. Brew what you like and drink what you brew!

I wish there was a beer named "Blueberry Donuts" so I could apply the same letter-switching tactic and get "Dooberry blownuts". If only..

Now I'm second guessing myself a tiny bit about the spelling of this clone's name. I originally wanted to spell it Shop Tock to keep the letters the same as the original. Now I'm wondering if everyone will get what I was going for if I do. What do you guys think? Should I keep it like this? Or should I spell it Shop Talk?

Now I'm second guessing myself a tiny bit about the spelling of this clone's name. I originally wanted to spell it Shop Tock to keep the letters the same as the original. Now I'm wondering if everyone will get what I was going for if I do. What do you guys think? Should I keep it like this? Or should I spell it Shop Talk?

Go with your first choice.

Back