So I Messed Up...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zgardener

Reaction score
...On my last trip to AHS. Instead of ordering ounces on my roasted malts and crystal malt, I ordered pounds. The guy asked me before he milled the grain, I didn't pay attention, and didn't realize what had happened until it was too late. Since he asked prior to milling, and because I want to support my LHBS, I bought the grains anyway instead of being a dick and refusing to buy the 35# bag that is over 50% roasted malts.

Now, I am looking for how to use this. I am open to any creative suggestions. I know I will end up doing a stout or two (I think I'll do one with Belgian yeast), but I already have a few on already, anyone got any mad brewer, crazy ideas for how I can utilize this?

Here's the Bill:

12# 2 Row (34.29%)
8# Carafa III (22.86%)
8# Roasted Barley (22.86%)
6# Crystal 90 (17.14%)
1# Chocolate (2.86%)

I figure I can only use a couple pounds at a time... What do you think?

Also, if anyone is interested in buying any of this off me, I live in Austin, TX, and will be happy to sell it for $1.50/lb, way cheaper than if you were to buy it at any homebrew shop. I can also ship it if you cover half the shipping cost. Just shoot me a PM

You could just use it to make 16 batches of the same beer. Itd give you the opportunity to try different yeasts, water profiles, etc. all you'd need to do is add 11 or 12 lbs of two row, and thoroughly mix the grains, and pull the appropriate ounces.

Yeah, I figured I'd do that to an extent, I could make a really big stout and let it age for a year or so.
But I like to brew all different kinds of brews, I'm praying someone could offer me a glimmer of hope, and show me that I didn't paint myself into a corner here...

You could even try a parti gyle. Do an imperial version and a mild version

Back