So I Drank a Few Homebrews and I...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrManifesto

Reaction score
forgot to add the honey during the boil! whoops. i added it in before pitching the yeast, i know that honey has micro-organisms in it, whatever, i ain't scurred. anyway, i'm more trying to figure out my OG for the rye saison i brewed. without the honey it was 1.080. i've read that honey adds around 35pts per lb, can anyone confirm that? would my OG really be at 1.115?

thanks, and don't drink while brewing!

the_more_you_know2.jpg

You did the right thing. Boiling honey isn't necessary, and many feel it ruins some of the gentle delicate aroma if you do boil it.

LMAO! I've heard you shouldn't just chuck the honey in but when you're making an imperial wizard rye saison what the hell matters anymore!? I think the 35pts is per gallon. So if it's a 5gal batch you're only bumping things up to 1.087. But why are you asking us? Go drunkenly purchase Beersmith!

LMAO! I've heard you shouldn't just chuck the honey in but when you're making an imperial wizard rye saison what the hell matters anymore!? I think the 35pts is per gallon. So if it's a 5gal batch you're only bumping things up to 1.087. But why are you asking us? Go drunkenly purchase Beersmith!

beersmith is already mine1!! :mug:

Latest posts

Back