Smart people can be so dumb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work at an insurance company one day a customer comes in and says, "if I make a change on my policy, does that change anything?" WTF!! seriously... you answer your own question. ahhhh.

I work at an insurance company one day a customer comes in and says, "if I make a change on my policy, does that change anything?" WTF!! seriously... you answer your own question. ahhhh.

Sounds like when I was at the cable company and spend 15 minutes walking someone though creating a new email address and at the end he asked "And can I use this on the Internet?"

When I worked for a company taking calls to help people set up their DSL for the first time we'd often start diagnosing by reading through the instructions. Instruction #1, don't use a phone line splitter, plug directly into the wall.

This call would happen about once a week:
Me: "Sir, can you describe the equipment starting at the wall jack and working your way to the modem?"

Customer: "Yeah, there's a splitter plugged into the jack, and the phone cord plugged into that, which is plugged into the modem."

Me: "Sir the splitter is going to prevent your internet from working, can you remove it?"

Customer: "Sure...", *clunk* *click* *dialtone*

Can you guess what was plugged into the other side of that splitter?

Ive had to have this same conversation with customers. Its amazing how many times this happens.

My company is owned by a larger holding company. One division is currently being sued for failing to follow protocol regarding Information Security.

So what does the parent company do? Force us all to watch the same training videos, again.

If the video didn't teach proper protocol last time, why would watching the same junk work this time?

I constantly feel the need to slam my head into my desk here.

Back