My dad IS the $h|T

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tamale

Reaction score
Couple weeks ago I unveiled my homebrewing addiction to my father by taking a 12 pack of one of my creations to his house one hot ass afternoon...as we burned thru the 12 pack and talked on thing we discussed was how outrageously overpriced a pneumatic bottle capper was priced... my dad boasts" hell I could make one for a fraction of the cost an twice the quality"....I blew it off as tho it was the beer talkin .
Fast forward a couple weeks later and my dad calls me over to his house (didnt give a reason why)
And had this thing waitin on his counter

And this is it in action

Machined it all by hand even the plastic piece the bottles sit in.. only thing he didnt machine or put together himself was the bell capper /the,switch& the air cylinder.. welded it too..
Runs at about 60psi. 400+ bottles later.not a single leaky beer or busted bottle.. cost him bout $45 for the parts he didnt have in his shop
F$#@ Yeah dad ...
love your guts

Last edited:
Thats flippin' sweet! Could you share some details about its construction? Is there a stroke limiter, or is the pressure regulated to prevent crushing bottles? Are those john guest fittings it uses for the airline? I wouldn't have thought of that! Neato!

Edit: just wanted to say, your dad could sell these. Or sell kits that need assembly. Or even sell short kits of just the custom parts so buyers can source the rest on their own.

Couple weeks ago I unveiled my homebrewing addiction to my father by taking a 12 pack of one of my creations to his house one hot ass afternoon...as we burned thru the 12 pack and talked on thing we discussed was how outrageously overpriced a pneumatic bottle capper was priced... my dad boasts" hell I could make one for a fraction of the cost an twice the quality"....I blew it off as tho it was the beer talkin .
Fast forward a couple weeks later and my dad calls me over to his house (didnt give a reason why)
And had this thing waitin on his counter

And this is it in action

Machined it all by hand even the plastic piece the bottles sit in.. only thing he didnt machine or put together himself was the bell capper /the,switch& the air cylinder.. welded it too..
Runs at about 60psi. 400+ bottles later.not a single leaky beer or busted bottle.. cost him bout $45 for the parts he didnt have in his shop
F$#@ Yeah dad ...
love your guts

You should ask him if he would want to produce them to sell! 125% cost of parts plus his hourly labor rate, come up with a cost and charge for shipping. Pay a lawyer to write up a disclaimer for liability. You could be quality control.

Just the business owner side of me talking, there may be some other aspects like a DBA, licensing, but I don’t see an issue with that.

Seems like you might already have a market started! Looks like he did an awesome job!

Holy jesus! the first HBT viral video!

edit: i should say that i've seen, in my year, dues are coming up again.....

edit 2: and, seriously, corona bottles? lol

OSHA would not approve:(
In order to actually put that out in the market place, you would need to use two switches to insure a hand is in not in between the actuator and cap. A shatter shield would also be a good idea.

Take a look at the other pneumatic cappers. They are built to prevent people losing fingers and having a bottle shatter and create scars.

edit 2: and, seriously, corona bottles? lol[/QUOTE]
Endless free supply from work saving that . Bottles are expensive

Cheers

OSHA would not approve:(
In order to actually put that out in the market place, you would need to use two switches to insure a hand is in not in between the actuator and cap. A shatter shield would also be a good idea.

Take a look at the other pneumatic cappers. They are built to prevent people losing fingers and having a bottle shatter and create scars.

You're right. I wonder if it would be different if selling parts...a kit of sorts?

When watching YouTube, the pneumatic and electric cappers with the two buttons on the sides along with a protective shield appeared to actually be slower due to extra movements as compared with a regular hand bench capper.

Take my money.jpeg

That's awesome. Its different than the ones people were building in another older thread. I built one 5 or so years ago, but I dont bottle anymore.

Back