Slow leak in my kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmac027

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have an older kegerator, i just cleaned everything inside amd out. I poured a few beers last night and then a piece that connects the faucet and tower came out. It is not threaded and you just push it in when assembling the keg. This caused beer to spill everywhere. I then fixed the issue and retightened everything I could. At least I think. I then reattached the keg and I now have a slow leak coming from the tower dripping down. The problem is the way this tower works to unhook the faucet and tower the reassembly time is tremendously long and tedious due to the fact that you have to screw a nut onto the facet without being able to use your hands since it is in the tower. I wanted to know if there was either another option for a new tower that would work well. Or if there is an easier fix than disassembling the entire thing

Attachments

• 20200601_172210.jpg
    20200601_172210.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200601_172222.jpg
    20200601_172222.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
  • 20200531_102601.jpg
    20200531_102601.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Is that 2nd picture trying to tell us there's a skinny, rigid pipe running up the tower to the faucet shank?
Can you pop the top cap off the tower and take a couple of in-focus shots of what's going on up there?

Potentially, you can replace the shank with something more conventional that will let you drop beer tubing down the tower to an appropriate keg coupler. It would require disassembly, but it'd be a one-and-done deal, and make life with that kegerator much easier I suspect...

Cheers!

Is that 2nd picture trying to tell us there's a skinny, rigid pipe running up the tower to the faucet shank?
Can you pop the top cap off the tower and take a couple of in-focus shots of what's going on up there?

Potentially, you can replace the shank with something more conventional that will let you drop beer tubing down the tower to an appropriate keg coupler. It would require disassembly, but it'd be a one-and-done deal, and make life with that kegerator much easier I suspect...

Cheers!
Yes that was the point of the second picture. The top of the tower is tight on there. I dont think it comes off. What could I get rather than the shank? What do you recommend

The cap is press-fit, so it's going to be fairly tight. Think about how you'd install the faucet shank without removing the cap. Ain't happening :)

Short of removing and replacing the tower and faucet outright, it's going to have to come off to make any headway here. Worst case use a wood dowel from below and tap it off...

Cheers!

The cap is press-fit, so it's going to be fairly tight. Think about how you'd install the faucet shank without removing the cap. Ain't happening :)

Short of removing and replacing the tower and faucet outright, it's going to have to come off to make any headway here. Worst case use a wood dowel from below and tap it off...

Cheers!

Attachments

• 20200601_182158.jpg
    20200601_182158.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

Cheers!
I'm still working on the top, this is from the bottom

Just a thought - check to make sure it isn't threaded :)
All the round towers I've looked at had pressed-on caps, but who knows...

Cheers!

Back