slow fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cliffy

Reaction score
so i just upgraded to 10 gallon system with a keggle and a bigger mash tun. my first 10 gallon batch I made a black IPA. my OG was 1.060. i had a few problems with the new system. my boil overflowed and i had trouble getting back up to a full rolling boil. I also think my starter was a little weak i did 1 and 1/2 cups DME and a QT and a 1/2 H2O. it was a good starter maybe just not enough. dropped the finished 10gallons in to 2 separate fermenters. fermentation is at 21 days now and i got 1 at 1.024 and the other at 1.016.... thoughts suggestion on how to bring this down?

1056 yeast. started out around 66-68. but due to a cold spell my basement dropped to about 58 degrees. bringing the beer down to about 60. I've had it wrapped in a heating blanket for a couple days and brought it back up to 66. seems like that is kickstarting it back and working

Latest posts

Back