Sizing your chest freezer for a...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StunnedMonkey

Reaction score
...dead hooker. I know that I found the sticky "Sizing Your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs" in the kegging forum extremely helpful when building my keezer. I thought maybe we could compile a similar thread for the crowd here, what with New Years Eve right around the corner.

Here is my fermentation freezer. It's 7 Cu Ft, and can hold one dead hooker (small) and a keg of maibock for lagering. Hope this helps someone down the road. I know winter is here and the ground is hard in a lot of places.

Feel free to add your own.

dhook.jpg

A little in the compost pile, a little buried deep in the home garden... By the time they're found and put back together, I'll be on my way to enjoying a home-grown, home-brewed Dead Hooker Ale...

I like the thermal mass that is provided by the three quartered hookers I keep in my 16 cu ft. On party nights we pull out a mid section, run the draft lines through the mouth and out the vajayjay and she serves well as a Jockey box.

Is the requirement for the dead hooker alone, or is this with kegs? I think I could maybe get two large or three small hookers in mine, but I'd have to take the six kegs out. It's just not worth it when you can drop her in the back forty and let coyotes take care of the mess. Unless, of course, you're not done with her.

Back