Siphon tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I go outside on my porch and whirl it around: first one half and then the other. I drape it over a shelf post in a closet in the basement, so it is encouraged to dry out. This has worked without a problem since 1994.

EDIT: Can't help you with fancy stuff. I just have a twenty-seven year old hose. I start the siphon with my mouth. I don't filter anything.
Did the these siphon and filter people even hint at how the filter was to be cleaned

EDIT 2: Sorry. I can't help you, but maybe somebody else can. Just off hand, I would think a filter should be taken out and cleaned. It seems like a perfect spot for stuff to hide. Good luck. :mug:

Last edited:
Cool ....so my problem with that is i added an inline beer filter to my siphon hose ....its one of those pump auto siphons so it had me heat the tube with warm water to basically mold the tube to fit the siphone pump head and the bottling wand and then cut those in half and added the inline filter so .....any other recommendations maybe ?

I go outside on my porch and whirl it around: first one half and then the other. I drape it over a shelf post in a closet in the basement, so it is encouraged to dry out. This has worked without a problem since 1994.

EDIT: Can't help you with fancy stuff. I just have a twenty-seven year old hose. I start the siphon with my mouth. I don't filter anything.
Did the these siphon and filter people even hint at how the filter was to be cleaned?
Nope

Latest posts

Back