single bottle carbonation!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connman

Reaction score
Hey guys , I am new member to the forum but have used this forum many times for help on brewing. Hoping someone can help me out. When i transferred my porter from primary to secondary, i also filled a one liter bottle as a test (with a little sumthin sumthin added)and placed a bung and water seal on it. I am ready to transfer it to another bottle. i want to carb it but do not have corn sugar because i keg my beer. I read on this forum that i could use a half teaspoon of cane sugar per 330mml of beer. That would be about one and a half teaspoons for a 1 liter bottle. Question: Do i need to dissolve this or just pour it in the bottle prior to filling it? If i need to dissolve it first, please tell me how to do this. Thanks in advance- Brendan

Ideally, to be safe, you would boil it in a little bit of water to sterilize it. But with such a small amount, I would just pour it in prior to filling. I have had to pour in sugar (not dissolved) to get some uncarbonating bottles to carbonate and didn't have any troubles. And if you think about it... carb tabs are added solid too.

Thought i would check in and let you know the single bottle carbonated perfectly. I was a lil worried because i thought i left too much head space in the liter bottle (2.5") but all turned out well. Thanks again- Cheers!

Back