Simply lemon in a shandy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddicker60

Reaction score
Is it possible for me use Simply Lemon in a shandy? Or should I just use lemonade concentrate?

I would use an actual lemon before any of that stuff. Look at the list of ingredients. If theres anything other than "lemon" I wouldnt want it in my beer. Could affect head retention or the pH and enzymes

If I'm remembering correctly, Simply Lemon is just lemon juice, water, and sugar.

SD Slim has a fantastic recipe for a Lemon Lime Hefeweizen (more of a shandy) that adds a jug of simply lime. I've made it before using that method with good results, so I don't see why you couldn't.
Just be careful when you add it. Some people reported a TON of krausen with Slim's recipe, but that could be more from the yeast than the Simply Lime. For that reason he recommends to add it after high krausen. YMMV.

Is it possible for me use Simply Lemon in a shandy? Or should I just use lemonade concentrate?

You mean, "Simply Lemonade?"

Yes, you can do that. I have done it in the past. But it does make for a pretty watery drink.

Simply raspberry lemonade. It's puréed fruit sugar and water. It's a gift for a birthday party. I'm not a fan, but it is what we were ask to make.

A shandy is made using something like Sprite or Schweppes lemonade. So something with a very light lemon taste instead of proper lemonade or concentrate

I'd probably call it something else if using something else :eek:

Back