silly airlock question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhizardHat

Reaction score
My first batch (Midwest autumn amber ale, extract) went into primary about 15 days ago. Fermentation, or at least airlock bubbles started the next day, but by later that evening, had pretty much stopped. OG was 1.048 (right on target) and I took a reading last week at 1.018 (almost there)!

Anyway, today it started bubbling again. I'm not worried, just curious. For what its worth, we had the windows open and it was pretty warm today, round 80F. Perhaps that's why? The thermometer on the bucket has been around 75F the whole time, which I know is a little warm, but hey it's Florida...

Probably the warm circulating air restarted the yeast. Or temp change is making the bubbles come out. 1 way to tell. Take gravity reading for 3 consecutive days. If the numbers are the same, yeast are done partying.

gravity is key, but once it's stable give it another week or two to clean up after itself. Most medium gravity ales seem to attenuate within 10 days at proper temps but it's best to let it clean up after itself unless it's a beer designed to be young, like a wit.

Back