Sierra Nevada tour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostHopper

Reaction score
Has anyone taken the SN Beer Geek Tour at the Mills Creek brewery?

I'm going to be in the area for a wedding (my daughter's) and thought I would go.

I didn't know where to post this. I hope this is ok.

Do you mean Mills River? It's an amazing tour. From a homebrew perspective it blew my mind at their scale and energy efficiency. I would have liked to stay at the brewhouse longer and admire the kettles, but the place is so big the guide had to keep a pace for the tour.

Do you mean Mills River? It's an amazing tour. From a homebrew perspective it blew my mind at their scale and energy efficiency. I would have liked to stay at the brewhouse longer and admire the kettles, but the place is so big the guide had to keep a pace for the tour.

ooops
yes Mills River (there is a Mill Creek in Oklahoma that butts in on my typing)

thanks

Only on Thursday & reserve early. They fill quickly. Sometimes months in advance, FYI

I've done a tour at there original place out here in California. My brothers fiance's brother is a good friend of people in there. We got to spend all day in there. Just us, it was amazing. BTW, there parking lot is 100% covered in solar and the sides are alllllll hops growing. Completely enclosed parking lot from solar and hops. Amazing.

Going today but yes you need to jump on the site and reserve now if it's not already full. Either way the brewery in general is a sight to see.

I am going there next weekend and only found out a week ago that I needed to reserve weeks, if not longer, in advance to get the tour. I'll still go back, I went there two days before their grand opening last year (the site said they were open) and only got to go to the store.

Either way, it's an epic place. Screams money and serious design class.

I toured the California facility a few years back but not the geek tour. Still a lot of fun, very informative and I think we tasted 10 or 12 different beers. If you can't make the geek tour I'd still go for one of the others.

I toured the California facility a few years back but not the geek tour. Still a lot of fun, very informative and I think we tasted 10 or 12 different beers. If you can't make the geek tour I'd still go for one of the others.

Same here but at Mills River. It was a blast. My wife, who has zero interest in beer loved it too.

I got to visit SN Superbowl weekend and was amazed at the place. Had a great 90 minute tour, some delicious beers and some good food in the restaurant.
If you are in the area, book it and take it! I think they have a standby list so be sure to ask.

I made my reservations the moment the month of April became available this morning.

Latest posts

Back