Sierra Nevada Glissade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernst-Haeckel

Reaction score
Just picked up a case of Glissade. I haven't had it since attending a SN beer dinner about a year ago, and I don't remember it being this good! This just made it on my short list (which keeps getting longer and longer).

I like Glissade. I think its one of the best spring seasonals out there. Usually for me spring seasonals are kind of a let down (especially after fall and winter seasonals...), but I look forward to this one.

Deceivingly simple, definitely delicious. If you appreciate good, german style bock beers than this is a must have. A little light on the alc. (6.4%), but great balance of subtle maltiness with subtle hops. Definitely not an easy task.

I could have sworn Glissade was just a name and that they change the style each year (kinda like the anniversary). I thought it was an IPA last year. Am I confusing this with another beer?

I haven't had it yet this year but last year I was pleasantly surprised. Normally I find maibocks a bit under hopped and overly sweet for my tastes. The Glissade achieved a nice balance though and was quite drinkable. I may grab some today.

As I drank more if this last year I quickly grew tired of it. It is cloyingly sweet to my palate. My buddy loved their ESB this replaced.

I could have sworn Glissade was just a name and that they change the style each year (kinda like the anniversary). I thought it was an IPA last year. Am I confusing this with another beer?

Yup. You're confusing it with something else. I had some last year and picked up some this weekend. Seems pretty close to last year's.

The Holiday Celebration was one they switch-up each year, I think.

I thought the glissade was pretty decent,not too hoppy,not to bitter. Imo,you have to like English ales to like it.

An extremely bland sub-par beer. Is it supposed to be a bock? Skip it and get Dominion Big Thaw instead.

I thought it was differnent this year.Last year i remember it being more sessionable and not so maltysweet,but then again ive since drank over a couple hundred new beers i never tried and palate has changed or something.

Glissade is deliciously subtle. I probably wouldn't have appreciated it early in my craft beer journey, but as my palate has evolved, I've learned to love these types of perfectly balanced, sessionable beers.

I tried one. It has a mineral flavor to it. It was alright I guess. Kinda boring, but crisp. Would be a good beer to drink with a meal.

Back