Sierra nevada flipside clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecialGreg

Reaction score
Need a recipe if anyone has got one for sierra nevada flipside red ipa. Got a buddy coming back from over seas and want to have a keg of this ready for him. Did a little searching but couldnt find anythjng. Please help.

I do enjoy this beer as well. I'll have to look around and see if I can find any helpful info.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I guess their website is a start. I googled and found a few clone recipes posted, but no telling how close they are to the real thing.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1415166070.536465.jpg

I have also been searching as well. I love this stuff maybe even more then torpedo and that was my go to 6 pack for a while. i havent found or heard of any tried and true methods yet but hoping someone brew one up.

Will be making this one i found tomorrow. But using white labs 001. I will let you guys know how it turns out. :)

1415207245095.jpg

Threw that into Beersmith, and it shows 68.4 IBU's for a 5.5 gal batch, or 74.3 IBU's for a 5 gal batch. May be a little more bitter than original - but I wouldn't complain about it being off a little bit on the bitterness as long as it's pretty close. Sounds like a good recipe! Let us know how it comes out!

Alright so my girls car broke down last weekend and i wasnt able to brew so i brewed it up this saturday. Got to say the color looked pretty close. And my target og was 1.060 and i hit 1.057 so i am pretty happy and it looks happy in the fermenter. Will let everyone know how it turns out. I will prolly do a side by side tasting. I cannot wait.

Happened to be drinking one when I saw your post. Interested to hear your results. (Where'd the recipe go?)ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416362480.572000.jpg

Need a recipe if anyone has got one for sierra nevada flipside red ipa. Got a buddy coming back from over seas and want to have a keg of this ready for him. Did a little searching but couldnt find anythjng. Please help.

If you don't already have a clone recipe for this, I've had good results with inquiries to [email protected]..

They basically gave me the whole bigfoot recipe when I inquired about the grain bill, so there's a good chance they can help you out.

Back