Shower Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought 12 pk of All Day on Monday... have consumed 1/3 via couch/football, 1/3 via outside porching, and 1/3 via hot post-workout shower.

the temp differential between hot water and cold beer really makes it awesome... especially when it drips down your beard and the coldness rustles your jimmies... and you don't care 'cause **** man, you're in the shower

For those of us who don't have much free time, multi-tasting is a must. Don't knock it until you try it.
I can't think of one time where I was in a rush and had to squeeze in drinking a beer. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it just hasn't for me.

A psychology professor and 20 year career psychiatrist I once took a class with was a big proponent of shower beers. She explained that drinking a cold beer in a hot shower actually had the same psysiological effect as taking a Xanax. So there, it's SCIENCE. Drink more shower beer.
I don't doubt there is some therapeutic effect to it, though I don't really know the extent of it. For me it's easier to enjoy a cold beer in a hot tub, or a cold beer while floating down the river in the summer. There's just something about being in a shower and having water splash around and in what I'm drinking that I don't like. Then there's soap and shampoo, I think it's the thought of all that that bothers me more than the possibility of it actually happening. I'd rather just wait to get out of the shower. I'm still relaxed when I get out. Plus, my showers aren't even 10 minutes long. I'm in and out most of the time.

Apparently this is more common than I thought after talking to a more people about it. Go figure. Maybe I'm in the minority. I should take a poll. I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't partake in a shower beer.

For me it's easier to enjoy a cold beer in a hot tub, or a cold beer while floating down the river in the summer.
10610809053_3581b00676.jpg

U2Zeke said:
I don't drink in the shower, I just pee in it and deny it ever happened. :oops:

(1) Let me clarify... "...pee in it..." is referring to the shower and not my beer. (2) And don't any of you deny it either!! (...Now, do I need to sit tightly and wait for my post to be flagged as "Inappropriate Content"?)

Last edited by a moderator:
U2Zeke said:
I don't drink in the shower, I just pee in it and deny it ever happened. :oops:

(1) Let me clarify... "...pee in it..." is referring to the shower and not my beer. (2) And don't any of you deny it either.
1. It would take an idiot to get out of the shower to pee, waste of water.
2. Something awful familiar about you

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't **** around in the shower. I take a sip from the tulip, set it on the bathroom counter, shower, get out and continue sipping. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.

Just discovered this site and this thread... I applaud you all... I thought I was the only one.

Luckily, my shower has a nice little ledge just outside the shower door. So, I can shower without the possibility of getting water/suds in my beer.

pics plz k thx

Back