Show your unique brewpot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
I've heard stories of people making brewpots out of old pool filters and stuff. I would love to see peoples cool :ban: brewpots. Show em off.

The owner of a local homebrew show near me uses a 10 gallon dairy pail... I don't have a picture of that at the moment, but I'll snag one next time I'm down there.

I am picking one up like this one this weekend 5500w 220V electric kettle

groen.jpg

Its a Groen SS steam kettle that is used in many kitchens for soups and such. I bought it off Craigslist with several other items from a bankruptcy sale. Dairy farm used it to pasteurize goats milk. I paid around 100$ for it because I bought so much it made the lot price lower . I already sold it ,was not really what I wanted because it was only a 10 gallon pot. They go from $500-1000 used

I picked that up and a 6 ft commercial SS 3 hole sink, 2 commercial SS freezers These also went very fast I took them to NYC and sold them to a friend who owns a catering business.

All I wanted was the two 6 ft SS work stations in the lot . But I made some good coin off the others so the workstations were free + some cash in my pocket.

I'm looking at an alternative to the build your own brewpot on High Gravity. I'd like to go electric and have been looking at British sites where they buy cheap kettles and put the elements in a fermenter bucket. No one on this side of the Atlantic seems to be doing that, so I may be the first. Although I'd prefer not get blown up in the attempt. High Gravity may get my money after all.

Back