Show us your...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my first brew and it is so damn good. Colorado Red Quill Amber Ale. Can't wait until I return from a trip to try out my IPA.

IMG_5162.jpg

Is that Colorado red quill a recipe you made on your own? Local recipe kit? I can't see the entire label but it looks good ! The beer looks good too :)

My Colorado Red Quill was the Midwest Amber Ale Extract Kit. I did not like the name so I gave it my Flyfishing theme that my beers will have. My IPA is my own recipe and will be ready to open on Feb 7. Can't wait. I also have a red ale that is fermenting. Need to find my next batch to get it going. Not sure what direction I will go.

Really like the label on the red quill, I just brewed a batch of honey brown ale last night, and the brew went off without any issues. The hydrometer sample tasted amazing. I will post a picture when I rack it into the secondary fermentor.

BM's Centennial Blonde Extract (extra lb of DME, only change)

28 days brew to glass.

251545d1422225581-extract-centennial-blonde-ish-start-finish-img_2836.jpg

hareebrownbeest, that (in the original post) is a great looking beer, what is it?

Psyo - great looking glass of Centennial. How's it taste?

It tastes like a Budweiser with more malt/hop character... if I were to do it again, I would leave out the extra lb of DME. It did make it a nice 5.5%, but obviously doesn't taste as BM intended, I'm sure.

First, that is possibly the best user name I have ever seen. Well done. and second, IS there an efficient way to take labels off when it's time to do so?:)

When I want to get labels off of old Sam Adams or Saranac bottles I soak them inside and out with OxyClean: 1 Tablespoon per gallon of hot water. I have a large-ish plastic tub that can hold almost exactly a case of bottles. I let them soak inside and out for about 20 minutes, then run each bottle under warm tap water: they slide right off.

Make sure you get the "free and clear" OxyClean. Cheapest, most effective all-purpose brew wash you'll find.

When I want to get labels off of old Sam Adams or Saranac bottles I soak them inside and out with OxyClean: 1 Tablespoon per gallon of hot water. I have a large-ish plastic tub that can hold almost exactly a case of bottles. I let them soak inside and out for about 20 minutes, then run each bottle under warm tap water: they slide right off.

Make sure you get the "free and clear" OxyClean. Cheapest, most effective all-purpose brew wash you'll find.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll prob start using it over PBW. That Sh*&s EXPENSIVE.

IPA, brewed outside on New Year's Day in 19 degree temps. It has a nice grapefruity hoppiness. The dog doesn't affect the flavor, to my knowledge. The leg lamp just adds to the ambience.

WP_20150219_006.jpg

IPA, brewed outside on New Year's Day in 19 degree temps. It has a nice grapefruity hoppiness. The dog doesn't affect the flavor, to my knowledge. The leg lamp just adds to the ambience.

"Fragile" it must be Italian! Ha ha, the leg lamp, we watch that movie every year and have for who knows how long. Awesome looking brew too.

"Fragile" it must be Italian! Ha ha, the leg lamp, we watch that movie every year and have for who knows how long. Awesome looking brew too.

Back