Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few years back I put a ton of time into designing and building a couple of brewstands for myself and anyone else that might want the same thing. I scoured the market but couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I designed my own. The brewstand shown here is my personal brewstand, and I built three others: another 2-tier and two one-tier stands. I was hoping to create a legit business out of this, but two brain surgeries and divorce permanently sidelined this project. I'm left with a pretty nice brewstand, and a couple of extra stands and parts that I'll be posting up for sale soon.

Cheers,
Shane

20130824_101443.jpg

20130824_101536.jpg

A few years back I put a ton of time into designing and building a couple of brewstands for myself and anyone else that might want the same thing. I scoured the market but couldn't find exactly what I wanted so I designed my own. The brewstand shown here is my personal brewstand, and I built three others: another 2-tier and two one-tier stands. I was hoping to create a legit business out of this, but two brain surgeries and divorce permanently sidelined this project. I'm left with a pretty nice brewstand, and a couple of extra stands and parts that I'll be posting up for sale soon.

Cheers,

Shane

I've seen that stand in one of the shops at Firestone Walker. The workmanship was superb.

Cool set up I wish I could brew in the basement, but I don't want to risk my marriage for the investment In an electric system, and a natural gas system would be nice but then again more investment and less brew time for me.

Got to love recycled materiel, bed frames and some odds and ends, still not finished though needs some high heat paint.:rockin:

I had a similar idea about reusing the meat from some bed frames. People are very willing to get rid of some things...

I was lucky enough that I had some tenants from years past leaving stuff like bed frames ,so I went to town.this stand probably cost me less the 200.00 so I'm happy with that.Now paint and I gtg

I don't think people realize this thread is 8 1/2 years old!. 3 years ago I viewed this thread in its entirety looking for ideas for my next brew stand. It actually took me about 2 hours to go through it all. I can't imagine what kind of time it would take today.

Now it's my turn to share with the HBT world.

Final pic1.jpg

final pic2.jpg

final pic3.jpg

fianl pic 4.jpg

final pic5.jpg

It's almost perfect. Those jet burners need to be lower because I do get a little flame over the side of the kettle seats when the flame is turned up. But I knew what I was getting into mounting them so high because fitting the kettles inside the stand was a main priority. Other than that it's flawlessly perfect. I get 80-82% efficiency every time.

That is beautiful.Oh,and i started this thread way back when.Still avidly brewing.Now we have his and hers sculptures.We've brewed 2000 gallons since then.image.jpg

Let's see now..... 2000 divided by 8.5.........legal limit is 200....... hey wait a minute here, the math is a little off!! :tank:

Thanks for posting the thread 8.5 years ago. I am sure it has helped many (including myself) on their endeavors. I bet you didn't think it would go on this long.

Yea thanks again for posting Onescalerguy, I also got a lot of ideas from this thread when making my stand and I really like seeing what everyone else has come up with. Very cool thread!

John :mug:

Nothing special here just repurposed a scrap shelving unit somebody was tossing.
Still have throw paint on it and grab another burner but its happening.

Sorry but please don't sell it or yourself short. Anyone can throw a ton of money at something to come up with something awesome. But using repurposed materials to create something out of nothing takes someone with vision, creativity and a skill that not many have these days.

Looks like you're off to a great start and I look forward to seeing the completion of this most special brew stand.

:mug:

Sorry but please don't sell it or yourself short. Anyone can throw a ton of money at something to come up with something awesome. But using repurposed materials to create something out of nothing takes someone with vision, creativity and a skill that not many have these days.

Looks like you're off to a great start and I look forward to seeing the completion of this most special brew stand.

:mug:

Well Thanks for the feedback and positive response!.
I will be sure to post back when its painted.
Cheers

Was able to build the stand with parts I already had on hand !!

I am very pleased with the result! The two shelves are removable with simple fly-nuts. Very sturdy, the top burner is bolted on, and as custom kettle seat and legs.

Next step to make some kind of manifold to use only one propane tank for both burners.

Ladder brew stand .jpg

Ladder brew stand.jpg

Klassy, there isn't a burner under your mash tun right? I'd be nervous keeping the propane that close, even to the burners under your boil kettle and HLT. Have you touched the top of your propane tank while those burners are on?

[edit] It's a pretty rig, safety issues aside.

Properly shielded burners, which those look to be, will keep the heat channeling up and out. I wanted to test this once and the carburetor plate portion of the big banjo burners doesn't even get hot to the touch. With no shielding they do. That bottle should be just fine. After all, they store them directly below BB-Q grills. MUCH more open space here for heat to escape away from the bottle.

Mash tun is all electric with the RIMS set up, runs on 120v and has an AUBER pid Temp controller. So far it preforms well!! 20151110_141806.jpg20151015_164017.jpg

I guess I never added my new rig to this thread. I'm still doing some small tweaks in different areas, but it will stay mostly the way it is now.

There's a full build thread with additional pics in my sig.

JonW_SS_1.JPG

Actually, I'm nearly certain I saw Rev 2 in this thread already, but it's always a pleasure to see it (after I put on my shades, of course :cool:)

Cheers! ;)

I checked by going back through this thread to the date of when I posted my build thread and it isn't here.

I really do need to get some better pictures that don't have so much glare. ;)

Back