Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got everything dialed in after about 5 batches! Working great

image-580386971.jpg

image-3091033191.jpg

The grant allows me to gravity feed from the mash and then pump from the grant back over the mash .

I know this is not a great picture . I will get one in a day or so . ...if you drink enough beer this picture look right ....oh never mine I was passed out on the floor again

ForumRunner_20120313_073800.jpg

Thanks. If you go this route, plan on accounting for the loss of water in the plumbing. I lose about 1.5 gallons in the whole system. Not necessarily a problem because it is just water, but you don't want to come up short in your boil.

MangledMash said:
Thanks. If you go this route, plan on accounting for the loss of water in the plumbing. I lose about 1.5 gallons in the whole system. Not necessarily a problem because it is just water, but you don't want to come up short in your boil.

I've already got about 10 feet of silicone hose and a pump, so I figure that shouldn't change much.

Brew steel ( vendor on here ) is custome making my brew stand .... can't wait for it to get it.. just have to place the order... will have to get around to that real soon cause looking at these stands.. man do i want mine !!

I started thinking about brew stands after looking at all these beauties! I decided this was something I was going to build myself and to start off with I wanted to build a 3 tier gravity fed system. Here it is!

image-1135434359.jpg

I started thinking about brew stands after looking at all these beauties! I decided this was something I was going to build myself and to start off with I wanted to build a 3 tier gravity fed system. Here it is!

53038d1332032038-show-us-your-sculpture-brew-rig-image-1135434359.jpg

Dude, that thing will support a truck. Mine only uses 2x4s for the uprights, and it's sturdy as it is.

As a side note, you might want to get some heat shielding under the burners. I used aluminum diamond plate because the wood under the top burner started to turn brown. My lower burner is freestanding.

homebeerbrewer said:
Dude, that thing will support a truck. Mine only uses 2x4s for the uprights, and it's sturdy as it is.

As a side note, you might want to get some heat shielding under the burners. I used aluminum diamond plate because the wood under the top burner started to turn brown. My lower burner is freestanding.

Yes it is quite sturdy! I have it on casters though so it is still easy to move around! Thought about adding some heat shields like you mentioned, we'll see.

Well I have taken mine apart and put back together 3 times now. I posted the original setup here so I figured I would post the newest setup.
Here it is setup for the brew day yesterday.

30 gal HLT, 55 gal MLT, and 55 gal Kettle.
In front of it is my brewhemoth (22 gal) and my 35 gal conicals ready to be filled.

428350_10150758246118689_666868688_11529483_924271668_n.jpg

spent yesterday making this. sorry for the light glare!
IMAG0675.jpg

IMAG0676.jpg

if i was going to be enjoying st pattys day without being trashed... may as well have built something for my brewing :D

and that brings me to, 1000 posts!

Upgraded to single tier natural gas. Just did a test run and everything seemed to run smooth, first batch next weekend!

image-4129472811.jpg

FSR402 said:
Well I have taken mine apart and put back together 3 times now. I posted the original setup here so I figured I would post the newest setup.

In front of it is my brewhemoth (22 gal) and my 35 gal conicals ready to be filled.

Nice, how many people are you brewing for?

very nice, it that a SS Drum you are using for MLT and BK? what are you using to heat them?

Latest posts

Back