Show us your other obsession(s)...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew this thread would be cool because people who brew their own beer are interesting people who know how to get stuff done! I enjoyed scrolling through and looking at what people are up to, very inspiring. I especially loved the photos of the glider. I'd love to have something like that, an ultralight or even a hot air balloon. I'd also like to own a fine American revolver. Good pictures.

In my spare time I like to go to clubs and listen to electronic music:

294815_10150851313035713_127112775712_20890520_563190788_n.jpg

I also like skiing and tennis. And drugs and women. :)

Got the rest of my reloading bench set up and loaded some Sierra Match Kings tonight. It's a hobby you can tinker with a lot like homebrewing.

Hunting:

56583758.jpg

2006_0426Image0066.jpg

112f7e2c.jpg

arsenal2.jpg

My Dog
DSCF0333.jpg

Growing beards
halloween3.jpg

And of course, my biggest obsessions...The Philadelphia Phillies and Philadelphia Flyers. Also, fan of the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, and The Ohio State Buckeyes. And writing about the Flyers and Phillies. Occasionally, anyway, when I'm not feeling too lazy.

Also a big fan of steak, potatoes, stouts, IPAs, brewing, fishing, and sasquatch hunting.

mpenn35 said:
Hunting:

My Dog

Growing beards

And of course, my biggest obsessions...The Philadelphia Phillies and Philadelphia Flyers. Also, fan of the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, and The Ohio State Buckeyes. And writing about the Flyers and Phillies. Occasionally, anyway, when I'm not feeling too lazy.

Also a big fan of steak, potatoes, stouts, IPAs, brewing, fishing, and sasquatch hunting.

How bout Bryz earning his money lately? Check out the obnoxious hockey trash talk thread.

How bout Bryz earning his money lately? Check out the obnoxious hockey trash talk thread.

Yeah, I just posted in that thread right before my post in here. I'm loving what Bryz is doing lately. Hopefully he can stay hot and ride this streak right on through the playoffs. Even if he doesn't stay this hot (which nobody can do), I'll be happy if he posts a .920-.925 SV% the rest of the way.

May latest obsession are beehives.
Putting two of them together.
I hope to have a couple hives of bees delivered in a couple weeks.
I can't wait to start brewing with fresh honey.

image-1966378946.jpg

That's you with the Cello?? Man... This forum makes you think people look a certain way, and they DON'T lol

Might as well join the party...

these things

photo109.JPG

Blue Notes, baby! :cool: I have several and wish I had more. Vinyl's also one of my obsessions (see earlier post in this thread). What setup do you use for playback?

It gets cold in Saskatchewan, so not a whole lot you can do during the winter. So I built a grow room. It's actually a frame over a bathtub in the second bathroom. Catnip, lettuce, carrots and lots of smaller things.

image-3921503588.jpg

image-2569087249.jpg

image-716534492.jpg

Eckythump said:
It gets cold in Saskatchewan, so not a whole lot you can do during the winter. So I built a grow room. It's actually a frame over a bathtub in the second bathroom. Catnip, lettuce, carrots and lots of smaller things.

Sure......catnip....

Cool idea, I have an old dishwasher I use to start garden seeds with Pid temp control.

First post! Might as well be in this thread...

1) The fam
2) The bike, '07 Ducati Monster S4RS
3) Fishing; mainly with my pops in northern WI for muskie, but I've made it to Alaksa for some fly fishing
4) Biggest obsession: I built a 4 room soundproof recording studio in the basement. I fix guitars/electronics and have done some custom stuff too. I play bass in a few bands here and there. Too lazy to dig out pics from me on stage.

Also, I develop an open source extension for the audio production software REAPER, if perchance there's some music guys on here you might know me as SWS from the reaper forums.
I'm a huge baseball (Brewers) fan too, if you couldn't tell from the pics.

I don't own any guns though, looks like I'm in the minority there!

DSC_5836.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

fishing.jpg

studio.jpg

thepartsmancometh said:
Sure......catnip....

Cool idea, I have an old dishwasher I use to start garden seeds with Pid temp control.

I originally built it to start seeds for the spring. But since I built it in December, I figured I might as well test it out while it's there!

Im a big car guy. I used to be really into lowriders. I still have a soft spot in my heart for them, but they end to be viewed very negatively by most other kinds of car guys. It got old to put my heart and soul and countless hours into them, then hear constant negative comments at car shows. That coupled with the kind of unsavory people in the lowrider circle, made me stray away when my daughter was born. I just didnt want her around all that. Either way here is some of what Ive done.

Heres a lincoln I painted and put hydraulics on.

100_1702.jpg

100_1806.jpg

doing a tape out for roof patterns. This was 24hrs straight, taping, masking painting, pulling masking and repeat, for each color and effect.

100_1825.jpg

100_1888.jpg

100_1877.jpg

roof.jpg

3rdannualrollerzpicnic0ql2.jpg

100_1930.jpg

100_2029.jpg

heres a lincoln I did for my wife...

100_2062.jpg

100_2050.jpg

100_2557.jpg

Heres one of my buddies hauling our car clubs cars about 600 miles to a show.

100_2018.jpg

Heres a wagon I built to hop...

219.jpg

truxter1.jpg

Of course these cars need reinforcment to hold up, so I would pull the frames out and re inforce them. I would form and weld 3/16" or 1/4" sheet steel to all four sides of every rail. This is VERY time consuming and a dirty back breaking job.

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

100_2736.jpg

Here is a harley bagger I painted for a guy. I shaved the rear tail light, extended the saddle bags 4" (down) smoothed and painted the dash, and did a 6 stage kandy paint job.

dsc03151m.jpg

100_3451.jpg

100_3456.jpg

dsc03154k.jpg

I'm a gun nut. Here's my 3-gun competition gear. Unfortunately I haven't been able to hit any matches yet this year.

IMG_16482.jpg

Starting to get into NFA stuff. 300 Blackout 10" SBR. Waiting for stamps on a couple of suppressors:

IMAG0112.jpg

My daughter likes the SBR also, but with a CMMG dedicated .22 upper (don't tell anyone but I have a blast shooting it too):

IMAG0609-1.jpg

But what I really like is old school stuff. Pedersoli 1874 Sharps in 45-70, and an original .577 Snider (pics from before I cleaned it up):

sharps.jpg

IMG_1609-1.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

I like the Sharps,I've always liked the 45-70 too. I have a Thopson Center 50 cal Hawken rifle that has very good balance. And better accuracy with the saboted 200g conical jacketed hollow points with 90-100 grains of FFFG pyrodex. Sounds like a thunderclap from Thor's hammer.

I just bought the M&P 15-22 about a week ago and have already put around 5,000 rounds through it... if you don't have a giant smile on your face after shooting that thing, you might need to go to the doctor.

Back