Quantcast

Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

videojunkie1208

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's a cranberry mead that's a family favorite. At 18% ABV out of the fermenter nearly 2 years ago, it has aged well in the keg.

I think this batch was plain clover honey, the 8 gallons aging for next Christmas are made with local honey.

I call it Christmas Dawn.
20200418_194659.jpg

videojunkie1208

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Stuff in secondary fermentation....

Left to right:
Strawberry Mead
Traditional Mead
2 gallons Cranberry Mead
The other 6 gallons of Cranberry Mead.

Cranberry is ready for kegging/ bottling. The Traditional just got racked today. And the Strawberry is getting fixed from some acidity/ bitterness issues.

Attachments

BudNini

Reaction score
jaom-BOMM just put into primary bucket. This is a 6 gallon batch.

D760E161-154B-4A64-9CB4-ABAFC67852BB.jpeg

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of mead is that? Very clear!
It was a traditional I think . It was my first one I did in a class . Orange blossom honey and a bit of tea . It was super cloudy so I used bentonite. I was shocked how clear it got.

My son n law and I just made our 1st 5 gallon batch last week . Blueberry pomegranate hibiscus

romling

Reaction score
Space invaders yeast! ;)

Wild yeast from leaving the whole thing outside overnight in an open container - (covered with a mosquito nett) + a little hops.

Turned out as a very nice tasting, sweet and carbonated mead.

IMG_0557.JPG

Dan O

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
very tasty batch of peach I did this past summer.
This looks delicious! I was just curious if you'd be willing to share the recipe, please? I'm new to mead making & I'm excited to try all kinds of flavors. Thank you, in advance, if you're able to share the recipe.

homebrewer_99

Reaction score
Here's a pic of a batch of Charlie Papazian's Barkshack Ginger Mead I made in January 2006. Almost 15 years old! It came in at 7.6% ABV. It is smooth and dry, but not tart in any manner. The ginger is still present, but on the lighter side. It still tastes great!

In comparison, Canada Dry Ginger Ale has a full bite on the tongue while Schwepp's GA is much more tame. This mead is even more tame than a Schwepp's. Very enjoyable.

I have another batch, I'll have to check my inventory/notes. I think it's from either 2004 or 2008.

Speaking of 2008...does anyone have any of the Vanilla Leap Year mead for 2008? I do..... :rock:

Attachments

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What is it? I'm dying to know!!
Its a blueberry, pomegranate hibiscus mead . I found the recipe here and tweeked a tad .

Last edited:

Dan O

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. What a color!!😲 Looks & sounds amazing. The only mead (or anything else that I can think of, for that matter), that I have ever had hibiscus in was Viking Blod mead. Not really sure exactly what it was about that particular mead I wasn't so fond of...hops with honey or the hibiscus that I never had till I tried that. Maybe I can find a small quantity to experiment with.

Jag75

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for responding. What a color!!😲 Looks & sounds amazing. The only mead (or anything else that I can think of, for that matter), that I have ever had hibiscus in was Viking Blod mead. Not really sure exactly what it was about that particular mead I wasn't so fond of...hops with honey or the hibiscus that I never had till I tried that. Maybe I can find a small quantity to experiment with.
We used little hibiscus (tea bags) , left out the meadowsweet .

Dan O

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought some POM juice & got a pint of fresh organic raspberries to make a 1 gallon batch with. I have to drive to Maine if I want to get some raspberry honey to make the POM/ raspberry one with, otherwise it's likely the wildflower honey from the guy down the street from me. Also picked up some organic black currant/blueberry juice to make another 1 gallon batch with. New to this hobby & I'm loving it!! :ghostly::ghostly::ghostly::ghostly:

Dan O

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know! All on its own. I racked once & then again 2 nights later & 3 weeks after that...bottled. I'm so happy. Third mead made, first to clear & be bottled.😁

mooney

Reaction score
Ye all ready for consuming. All bulk aged for 2-3 years before bottling. I gave away my oldest bottle a 2014 number for some apples to make cider.

BeerRunner

Reaction score
First brew in 11 years or so. It’s a blood orange mead with a recipe put together with help from an employee of Austin Homebrew. I also got ingredients for Atomic Fireball and a Blood Orange/Cranberry mead.

This is screen name from way back when, but I don’t drink a lot of beer these days. I do want to work towards an awesome blackberry Porter or Stout.
997A9F31-7B98-41FC-923A-ADFE409801E8.jpeg

Stauffbier

Reaction score
It's been a long minute since I posted in this thread. This is my 2 year old Balcones Blue Corn barrel aged Cherry Melomel. 15% ABV.. On the very low end of semi-sweet. A very faint note of tartness from the cherry concentrate that I used from Seaquist Orchards out of WI. The barrel character is subtle, but adds a great flavor component. It's really hitting it's stride.. Skål!
cherry mead.jpg

Dan O

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a long minute since I posted in this thread. This is my 2 year old Balcones Blue Corn barrel aged Cherry Melomel. 15% ABV.. On the very low end of semi-sweet. A very faint note of tartness from the cherry concentrate that I used from Seaquist Orchards out of WI. The barrel character is subtle, but adds a great flavor component. It's really hitting it's stride.. Skål!View attachment 707537
It looks delicious!

Last edited: