Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a batch I made recently, Raining Blood. I've carbed this up to about 15psi. There's no head retention (not sure why I thought there would be) but it's got that carb bite I wanted. It masks some of the alcohol burn.

hH1HXOJ.jpg

That is awesome! Did you get etched bottles too?

No, but that would have been awesome. Maybe I should make a label...we are having a bare tender serve the beverages. I making Harder apple cider and an American cream ale too.

I took an official FG and it came out to 12.8% Started with OG 1.116 about 3.3 lbs/gallon, and use EC-1118 champagne yeast. 6 month primary cleared, 3 month secondary cleared, will be title about two months to serve. Sooner than I'd like but it takes good now so two month should be smoother.

No, but that would have been awesome. Maybe I should make a label...we are having a bare tender serve the beverages. I making Harder apple cider...

Bare Tender... Harder apple cider... I think we have an idea for a new brew pub. Whoever builds this, I will attend.

Well, after a poor start on mead a few years ago I decided to try it again. I thought, GO BIG OR GO HOME. So I put on 60L.:mug:

Orange, cinnamon, Cloves, EC1118. Tasted great after 2 months so I drank it. I have 2 60L on the go now.

Racked the older one, 2 months, to secondary. Racked the dregs to a bottles to cold crash and test. Took a small sample and it is nice.

The fermentor in front is

oranges
Juniper berries
Lemon
cloves
cinnamon
Toasted oak
golden syrup
Sugar
blueberries

The back one is the same just different proportions. Started a week ago.
Staggered fermentable and nutrient. Other bits and bobs to tweak the taste.

The one on it's own is elderflower wine. I stole a pint of it last night to sample and I woke up with a HUGE headache:cross:. Might let it sit for a few months before I try that again. It was a SLOW ferment.

The last pic is the yeast I am washing and will use in my next mead. I also have the ingredients for a stout which I will get around to when I rack the elderflower wine.

Photo on 19-10-2017 at 14.05.jpg

Photo on 19-10-2017 at 14.05 #2.jpg

Photo on 19-10-2017 at 14.06.jpg

Photo on 19-10-2017 at 14.06 #2.jpg

Last edited:
Can someone tell me how to post pics so I dont have to tilt my head 90 degrees to see them? Tried a few times and I'll be dipped if I can figure it out! Looking through the thread it appears I'm not the only one! Thanks!

Not sure if it’s here or a different forum. But I edit the photo on my phone then save and attach.

It seems like... If in doubt, tilt your camera 45 degrees. That way, you double your chances of an 'upright' photo. :D

Here is 2 pics of my traditional mead 1gallon.

This is my 4th ever batch made comes out at 13% it’s very dry.

I made 2 of these at the same time but I put 980g of frozen cherry’s in one about 8 days ago just don’t have pics yet.

Attachments

• CB2C175F-9BA2-46EF-8D76-A8B153912491.jpeg
    CB2C175F-9BA2-46EF-8D76-A8B153912491.jpeg
    186.5 KB · Views: 139
  • AFD4E7B8-C7A7-4895-B07A-D9E5798E3136.jpeg
    AFD4E7B8-C7A7-4895-B07A-D9E5798E3136.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 132
20180406_143745.jpg
20180406_142954.jpg
20180406_142207.jpg

Racked over 5 gallons today a traditional a cinnamon clover a dark cherry a strawberry and an orange clove short mead. The strawberry is the clearest. All taste good but pretty hot. They need to sit a few more months.

Started this today. First attempt at Mead. Looks like SG @1.100, a little higher than I wanted but once I started dissolving the honey, I couldn't stop until it was all used...44oz honey for a gallon batch. Right in line with the Mead calculator. Will feed Cote des Blancs nutrient for the next few days. Fingers crossed that this ages well.

2018-04-27.JPG
2018-04-27SG.JPG

So I pitched a 3.5 gal raspberry honey mead last night around 6p with 71B. About 3 hours later I went downstairs to see if I had made it through the lag phase and this is what I found. :rock:

Attachments

• Raspberry must.jpg
    Raspberry must.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 134
Three Raspberry Lemon batches of varying sweetness. I never wrote down anything, or took gravities, one of them I finished and bottle carbonated, it went crazy fast, everyone wanted more, and I only had 1 gallon... DOH! the other two are bottled up, but I haven't tried them yet. I'm in the process of buying a house, once I do, I'm going to start several big batches, probably do 1, 5-7 gallon batch a week for about 2 months so I can get a supply back in, that assumes my bees put out though...

mead 3.jpg
mead.jpg

Just made the mead for my wedding in August of next year. 5gal of traditional and the other 5gal is going to be a raspberry melomel. Started a little lower than I wanted @ 1.096 but it should be good. Using 71b and a staggered nutrient schedule. It’s now happily bubbling away in the fermenter.

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

IMG_2342.jpg

My first melomel. Berry melomel 10.5% ABV. Added 3lbs honey, 1 cup froz blueberries, 1 cup froz strawberries, 1 large orange, champagne yeast, yeast nurtrient, 1 gal water, 1 tsp pectic enzyme. Primary for two weeks, secondary for two weeks. I used a mesh bag for the fruit which I won't use in the future. Goal was to not get much sediment, still got a lot.

Ended up with ~1.5 gal. Tastes amazing, shared with friends, neighbors, everyone. Feedback was positive, comments on how refreshing it tastes.

Attachments

• 0526181231a.jpg
    0526181231a.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
1528763991691.jpg

L to R: triple berry, chocolate coffee, and blueberry pomegranate hibiscus meadowsweet... Taken just prior to pitch...

Here is a raspberry melomel I fermented a while back. Forgot to take a picture of the final product, but did take one of it fermenting. Came out fantastic!

702.jpg

Used the recipe from this post (not mine).

Back