Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to TheCanisDirus!!

CC-Pint-Logo-Dark-Grey-300x276.jpg

Hello everyone. I'm a noob here, I have a question for all you label makers. I would like to know what settings you're using to print your labels on the regular inkjet. I guess I mean what dimensions? and what kind of paper, can I use just regular paper? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hello everyone. I'm a noob here, I have a question for all you label makers. I would like to know what settings you're using to print your labels on the regular inkjet. I guess I mean what dimensions? and what kind of paper, can I use just regular paper? Thanks in advance for any responses.

I size mine to fit Avery mailing labels and have Office Max put them through a laser printer because inkjet ink runs when wet. Costs in Montana about 8 bucks for 60 labels. No sales tax here.

What program are you guys using to make these awesome labels? Are any of these programs free for use?

beerlabilizer.com 5 bucks to get access to templates some free ones available.
Also a little photoshop elements version 2. For the text.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1404166656.682877.jpg
Forgot my favorite...lemon and rosemary pale ale label. 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Fortunately for me I am in the restaurant business and have some connections. They were a gift from a good friend also in the business. I'll see what info he can tell me about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I've etched a few glasses (all of which I gave away, so I don't have any pics) with a roll of masking tape, an Xacto knife, and Armor Etch. They all come out great, but it takes a lot of time to cut out complex designs. Cheap though, a small jar of Armor Etch lasts a long time.

I've since gotten a Cricut machine that I use to cut stencils out of contact paper, then etch with Armor Etch.

I've etched a few glasses (all of which I gave away, so I don't have any pics) with a roll of masking tape, an Xacto knife, and Armor Etch. They all come out great, but it takes a lot of time to cut out complex designs. Cheap though, a small jar of Armor Etch lasts a long time.

I've since gotten a Cricut machine that I use to cut stencils out of contact paper, then etch with Armor Etch.

Please post some pictures the next time you get a chance. I am curious to see what your bottles look like.

I don't do this to bottles (too much work for something like that), but I did happen to find a pic of this glass I made for my dad a while ago.

His first car was a '63 falcon that he paid $50 for, drove for 3 years, then sold for $50. About 10 years ago he found another one in New Hampshire that he bought. We've since spent countless hours working on it. Not that it needs a lot of work, its just fun to play with it. And my dad is awesome so these things are great to do with him.

Oh ok I know that the minimum run on those is 72 at grandstand - I did them for my wedding. I couldn't justify it for just my house :)

I don't do this to bottles (too much work for something like that), but I did happen to find a pic of this glass I made for my dad a while ago.

His first car was a '63 falcon that he paid $50 for, drove for 3 years, then sold for $50. About 10 years ago he found another one in New Hampshire that he bought. We've since spent countless hours working on it. Not that it needs a lot of work, its just fun to play with it. And my dad is awesome so these things are great to do with him.

Awesome!! I'm gonna do this to some glasses. Thanks!

Bottling up my very first batch tomorrow, a cream ale. Decided to give a shot to whipping up a label even though I have no graphic design experience at all.

Cream Ale Label.jpg

Using Grogtag! Their stuff is a lot of fun and the labels themselves totally rock because they're easy on, easy off with no residue, and they're waterproof!

Moonstruck.jpg

Created in Publisher, what apia. Gotta get me InDesign to cut my labeling time by about 74%. Posted image is a jpg so clarity is not there. The Pretty Floral Bonnet is in reference to the series Firefly

Red Planet Brewery - Hop Burst IPA Bonnet Porter for HB Talk 7.jpg

good idea for honey moonshine

This idea came about because I set up everything to brew that beer on my deck...then I realized there was a HUGE bee hive in the gutter- the bees chased me off the deck and into the driveway... moving everything off the deck SUCKED.

good idea for honey moonshine

This idea came about because I set up everything to brew that beer on my deck...then I realized there was a HUGE bee hive in the gutter- the bees chased me off the deck and into the driveway... moving everything off the deck SUCKED.

I'll be sampling the first bottle from this batch over this weekend. It was supposed to be more like 7.0% than 8.4%ABV so I hope it's not too dry. Fermented using a starter with 1056 at a lower temp than usual - around 62-64 rather than 68 and it really ate through that wort.

RubyRyePA-20140707-labelart.jpg

My first brew turned out great (a Brewers Best Dunkelweizen kit with black cherry added). Pretty happy with the label too, although I may change the name.
I'm a web designer by trade so I spend plenty of time in photoshop/illustrator.

drunkel.jpg

Back