Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's mine

Westinghouse WRM1300WC
Just fits four 9.5l kegs (should fit two big ones up front too).
Intertap faucets.

Managed to keep the door stock and even one of the shelves fits in there for yeasties and the odd bottle.

The 12V line for the fan, the STC2000 sensor, and the CO2 run out through the drain hole in the back. CO2 distribution is under the bottom shelf.

:tank:

That looks great. I am hoping to do the same with my single tower kegerator this summer. I've never done any furniture work before so I have a lot of research and learning to do first.

Still a work in progress, both of them.

WP_20161106_12_25_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20161106_12_25_32_Pro.jpg

20170327_113157.jpg

20170329_161032.jpg

20170330_163444.jpg

Super basic, but I'm proud cause I did it myself.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1490996069.303953.jpg
Kenmore 12512 15.6 cubic foot chest freezer, Williams Brewing ABS towers, Intertap stainless faucets, eBay stainless drip trays, Etsy glass insulator tap handles/Lagunitas tap handles (waiting for two more from Etsy seller), 2 sanke/2 ball lock feeds, 4 way has manifold. Easy peasy!

Nice insulators. I've got plenty of clear, a few green but only one red. Most of the clear are chipped, a couple of the green are but the red one is pristine. I thought of putting in the safe but my wife wouldn't go for it. For some reason she thinks that wills, deeds and other paperwork are more important.

Thanks! I've never seen a red one! That would make an awesome handle for sure... the Etsy seller actually does a really nice job making these, and apparently the handle is made from the original post wood, so that's pretty cool.

Having the post is certainly a plus, the wood doesn’t hold up well over time. I found most of mine walking along railroad tracks in Western PA in the early to mid 70’s. The utility poles were being replaced and when the old ones were downed they were just left there. Young and not thinking clearly (it was the mid 70’s and I was roaming railroad tracks), I only grabbed the insulators but left the posts.

Super basic, but I'm proud cause I did it myself.
View attachment 394803
Kenmore 12512 15.6 cubic foot chest freezer, Williams Brewing ABS towers, Intertap stainless faucets, eBay stainless drip trays, Etsy glass insulator tap handles/Lagunitas tap handles (waiting for two more from Etsy seller), 2 sanke/2 ball lock feeds, 4 way has manifold. Easy peasy!

Very nice. I like the dual cutout drip trays. I've thought of something similar to my setup (I want more taps) and wondered what dual trays butted together would look like vs getting a bigger T tower.

Thanks for posting the pic. Looks great!

Very nice. I like the dual cutout drip trays. I've thought of something similar to my setup (I want more taps) and wondered what dual trays butted together would look like vs getting a bigger T tower.

Thanks for posting the pic. Looks great!

Thank you! Like I said, it's my first keezer project, so I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

The drip trays are eBay specials ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/222384180350 ) but they're EXACTLY the same ones that all of the "big" retailers sell for 59.99 ea. It took a bit of math to figure out exactly where to mount the towers so the two cutout drip trays mated nicely, but it wasn't too difficult. Plus, I figure I can always add more towers relatively easily!

I put the long Easter weekend here in Germany to good use and finished up my keezer exterior. Extremely excited!

Just waiting on the CO2 bottle and distributor and I should be good to go! Was a bit harder getting all the pieces together since I couldn't really go by any measurements or brands that are prevalent in the US for these kind of builds, but nonetheless I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Here's a few pictures of the progress. I'm still planning on adding some decorative stuff around the keezer (floating shelves, blackboard, etc.).

9fZ0cGZ.jpg

LumsY3d.jpg

HXy8qXF.jpg

Thank you! Like I said, it's my first keezer project, so I'm pretty proud of how it turned out.

The drip trays are eBay specials ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/222384180350 ) but they're EXACTLY the same ones that all of the "big" retailers sell for 59.99 ea. It took a bit of math to figure out exactly where to mount the towers so the two cutout drip trays mated nicely, but it wasn't too difficult. Plus, I figure I can always add more towers relatively easily!

Thank you for the link. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one from Amazon for $45, then saw your link. Went ahead and purchased two from another seller for $69! Looks to be identical of the one on Amazon and from William's. Free shipping too.

Now to start on my new top.

I put the long Easter weekend here in Germany to good use and finished up my keezer exterior. Extremely excited!

Just waiting on the CO2 bottle and distributor and I should be good to go! Was a bit harder getting all the pieces together since I couldn't really go by any measurements or brands that are prevalent in the US for these kind of builds, but nonetheless I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Here's a few pictures of the progress. I'm still planning on adding some decorative stuff around the keezer (floating shelves, blackboard, etc.).

9fZ0cGZ.jpg

LumsY3d.jpg

HXy8qXF.jpg

Its looking good! What paint did you use for this?

Some more pics, now that the corner is a bit more set up with a blackboard and some deco.

FBqbiyK.jpg

And of course the guts. There's enough space for 5 corny kegs in there. Will probably end up expanding it sometime in the not too distant future:

FxIkADn.jpg

Still need a drip tray, but for the life of me can't find one that's wall mounted available here, so I'll probably have to get creative and find a way to mount a normal one.

I bought one of these: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/curtis-dtp-13-stainless-steel-plastic-13-drip-tray/945DTP13.html

Mounted on a make shift L bracket I made out of scrap wood. Used a hole saw to countersink 4 of the 65lb pull magnets from harbor freight which I glued onto the mount.

Does...not....move. actually so strong I worry about taking it off as the magnets would rip out of the wood. I've set two full glass pint glasses on it without slipping or budging.

View attachment 1493953034495.jpg

View attachment 1493953045703.jpg

That's a really good idea. I have some spare wood from the keezer frame so I might try going for something similar as well.

Thanks, I originally built it with a 4x8 Oak Plywood top, so there would be 10-12" overhang on two sides to function more like a bar top, but it was way too big for our patio. So I just made the top the size of the Freezer top (I actually just shot nails through the wood directly into the top) Always a work in progress, but working great now. Wood sides are just picket fence pieces i grabbed from the side of the road and did a white wash paint on them. Not exactly vintage barn wood, but close enough.

Hi All,

First time poster here. Would like to share my Kegerator that I built just recently. After my first experience bottling, I dont ever want to do that as a regular thing, so this is what I ended up with. Im pretty happy the wife allows it in the kitchen!

Keg1.jpg

keg2.jpg

keg3.jpg

keg4.jpg

keg5.jpg

So, what does everyone do to get rid of excessive condensation in their keezers? I bought one of those dehumidifiers from Amazon (Eva-Dry E-333), but it doesn't seem to be able to really dry out the inside...

Last edited by a moderator:
See my post here to see the pics that disappeared, then go to the first post in that thread to see the explanification :)

Cheers!

ps: fwiw, I have found that these little dudes will suck up around 5 ounces of moisture...

I use one of those also with a small fan circulating.

See my post here to see the pics that disappeared, then go to the first post in that thread to see the explanification :)

Cheers!

ps: fwiw, I have found that these little dudes will suck up around 5 ounces of moisture...

BRILLIANT! There's my afternoon project for the day. Thanks!!!

I've always used damprid. It absolutely works, but it isn't rechargeable. If enough people say that the units sold on Amazon and other places work well I might be convinced to give them a try.

fwiw, about a year ago I switched the 80mm fans shown in that thread for skinny 40mm ball bearing units (they're like 3/8" thick). They use about 1/3rd the energy but still move way more than enough air to make the Eva Dry actually usefull...

Cheers!

So, what does everyone do to get rid of excessive condensation in their keezers? I bought one of those dehumidifiers from Amazon (Eva-Dry E-333), but it doesn't seem to be able to really dry out the inside...

I use the Eva-Dry things with fans blowing on them too. They work, but the real secret is to keep the door/lid closed. Humidity gets in every time you open the door. I try to only open quickly to swap kegs or rotate in a fresh Eva-Dry and things seem to keep pretty dry in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
CO76wzl.jpg

On my back porch.
it' was given to me and didn't even expect it to work.
Well it did so i'm running two poverty picnic taps and a converted sanke pump tap off ebay.

I had already invited people over for a party later in the week and when i found out it worked i cobbled something together instead of running pitchers out the basement from the very basic fridge keggerator i had down there.

I plan to build a proper multi-tap box since it didn't come with towers but i'm really not going to complain and it works really nice.
Keeps everything cold on the hottest days and isn't running constantly either.

I have enough hook-ups for 6 kegs but probably won't hook up more than 4 at a time.
i'm set up for two ball lock i use for filling at a local brewery, a sanke and the rest are pin-locks i can convert to ball lock but the used set-up i got off ebay and rebuilt for cheap came with all the pin-lock connectors so i'm using those for home brew.
One has hard cider i made and soon hard lemonade. :)

Back