Show us your house

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergusmj

Reaction score
People are showing off SWMBO's....what about your house?

It's decorated with lights for Christmas even :mug:

xmas lights 2012-2.jpg

Some nice places. I'm going to assume that a fair amount of people on here have land a little further out and not in a subdivision

I'm going to assume that a fair amount of people on here have land a little further out and not in a subdivision

Not gonna show my place, prefer people don't realize it's here. I had this lady from a local market come out to see my growing practices, so I could get approved for organic, or "all natural" since certified organic is like jumping through hoops, rules that I have no plans on ever following. Like compost pile has to be turned once every 6 months, stupid rules like that. Might take longer, but you don't have to turn it at all if you just leave it long enough, kinda like a brew that takes extra time to age. Anyway... Showed her the fields, showed her out in the deep woods where the blackberries and blueberries grow wild, and the swamp and the mushrooms and a couple of the sink holes. Had her in my "yard", showed her my own "little" garden, where I grow things to eat myself. Showed her some of the out buildings. So we're heading back out my driveway and she says, "Oh wait, where is your house? Where do you actually live?" I pointed and said "right there, see through those trees, that's the corner of the roof". She just looked confused, LOL. When I told her I lived out in the woods, I don't think she realized I meant actually, really out in the woods!!!

Not gonna show my place, prefer people don't realize it's here. I had this lady from a local market come out to see my growing practices, so I could get approved for organic, or "all natural" since certified organic is like jumping through hoops, rules that I have no plans on ever following. Like compost pile has to be turned once every 6 months, stupid rules like that. Might take longer, but you don't have to turn it at all if you just leave it long enough, kinda like a brew that takes extra time to age. Anyway... Showed her the fields, showed her out in the deep woods where the blackberries and blueberries grow wild, and the swamp and the mushrooms and a couple of the sink holes. Had her in my "yard", showed her my own "little" garden, where I grow things to eat myself. Showed her some of the out buildings. So we're heading back out my driveway and she says, "Oh wait, where is your house? Where do you actually live?" I pointed and said "right there, see through those trees, that's the corner of the roof". She just looked confused, LOL. When I told her I lived out in the woods, I don't think she realized I meant actually, really out in the woods!!!

I would consider that to fall under my assumption then :mug:

Some nice places. I'm going to assume that a fair amount of people on here have land a little further out and not in a subdivision

Our place is sitting on 5 acres. The neighbors are far enough away to give us complete privacy and solitude, but close enough in case of emergencies or what have you. I didn't mind posting a pic of our place. We are proud of it and we love it here. Besides, we have nothing to hide (as far as you know!).

Our place is sitting on 5 acres. The neighbors are far enough away to give us complete privacy and solitude, but close enough in case of emergencies or what have you. I didn't mind posting a pic of our place. We are proud of it and we love it here. Besides, we have nothing to hide (as far as you know!).

5 acres is what I'm wanting in the near future. I grew up on 5 acres which I wish I had now instead of my 1/4 acre in a subdivision. I don't want to be too far out of town, but I don't want to be able to use my neighbors toilet from my bathroom window either.

Ideally, a few acres, with a nice ranch with basement, 3 car garage, and a nice pole barn for all of my toys / projects :)...I don't think that's too much to ask :mug:

I couldn't find a single picture of my house on my computer, but you don't want to see it anyway. Picture any other 3 story, small as hell townhouse with a red door. What does surprise people though is my view, here in the middle of NYC. This is the cemetery directly across the street, picture taken from my balcony:

IMG_0550.jpg

I've always dreamed of having a home so secluded that I can mow my lawn naked

I know,I know TMI

5 acres is what I'm wanting in the near future. I grew up on 5 acres which I wish I had now instead of my 1/4 acre in a subdivision. I don't want to be too far out of town, but I don't want to be able to use my neighbors toilet from my bathroom window either.

Ideally, a few acres, with a nice ranch with basement, 3 car garage, and a nice pole barn for all of my toys / projects :)...I don't think that's too much to ask :mug:

I totally agree on that one. Grew up running around on 3.5 acres and now I'm living on maybe a quarter acre. I can push mow, edge, weed eat, and blow the place clean in less time than it took me just to mow (riding lawnmower) my childhood home.

And to stay on topic.....The pics are rather old (2009) and just after (re)doing landscaping but this is my current, humble abode.

This one was taken from my driveway along the west side of my house to the front of it.
House-Side.jpg

This is the front (northside) of my house. Immediately off to the left is my neighbor.
House-Front.jpg

I am currently without a home. You see, and let this be a lesson to the rest of you, I moved in with my girlfriend about two years ago. Well needless to say, she's a crazy *****. After a series of fights where she just decides to boot me out (usually about 11 o clock at night), last night was the last straw.

So here I am three days before Christmas, trying to find a new place for me, my dog, and my cat to live. Other than tenant rights, I have no claim to anything. So despite the hundreds if not thousands of dollars I have helped put into fixing and upgrading her house, I will be out without anything. Since it was her house, I got rid of my bed, my couch, my chairs,...... and will eventually find a home to put my brew stuff. An empty home with no furniture.

Now, you could say ""Hey bro, you have rights as a tenant (and yes, i pay rent), you don't have to leave immediately. Wait until you find a place." And while that is great advice, she is currently making my life so miserable being here, it's just not worth it. Waking up to turn on the overhead light (in the livingroom where I sleep right now) at 3 in the morning and calling me a ****ing *******. Following me around the house screaming and acting like the crazy ***** that she is. So no, I need to get out now. So my advice to the rest of you, never, ever put yourself in a position where you are living in someone else's house. If your name isn't on the title or lease, get the **** out.

Sorry, I know this is the wrong place. Just needed to vent. Feel free to delete this post.

I am currently without a home. You see, and let this be a lesson to the rest of you, I moved in with my girlfriend about two years ago. Well needless to say, she's a crazy *****. After a series of fights where she just decides to boot me out (usually about 11 o clock at night), last night was the last straw.

So here I am three days before Christmas, trying to find a new place for me, my dog, and my cat to live. Other than tenant rights, I have no claim to anything. So despite the hundreds if not thousands of dollars I have helped put into fixing and upgrading her house, I will be out without anything. Since it was her house, I got rid of my bed, my couch, my chairs,...... and will eventually find a home to put my brew stuff. An empty home with no furniture.

Now, you could say ""Hey bro, you have rights as a tenant (and yes, i pay rent), you don't have to leave immediately. Wait until you find a place." And while that is great advice, she is currently making my life so miserable being here, it's just not worth it. Waking up to turn on the overhead light (in the livingroom where I sleep right now) at 3 in the morning and calling me a ****ing *******. Following me around the house screaming and acting like the crazy ***** that she is. So no, I need to get out now. So my advice to the rest of you, never, ever put yourself in a position where you are living in someone else's house. If your name isn't on the title or lease, get the **** out.

Sorry, I know this is the wrong place. Just needed to vent. Feel free to delete this post.

Oh, man, that really sucks. Hope you find a place soon.

Latest posts

Back