Show us your bar!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Max! The carpet in the bar just wasn't working out, especially after I sprayed yeast and dry hop matter all over it from the new conical.
I recently got rid of all the carpet in my downstairs bar/hangout area and couldn't be happier. So much easier to keep clean... Particularly with wet spills.

A friend of mine was selling his bar, so I bought it.

I have a fourth chair for the setup. The middle fridge doesn't get cold, so I have to figure that out. I 'd like to just replace all three with one big unit so I can fit a sanke and some corneys. Regardless, for $100, I'm happy with it.
What a score! That's a great bar, I especially like the artwork on the sink. I had similar art on a brand new big screen TV when my kids were young.

I spend about 3 years finishing my walkout basement, doing everything myself.

The countertop is concrete, poured upside down in melamine - great outcome but intense labor. The tap tower is 3" black iron pipe. I stumbled upon the perlick kegerator when i was on craigslist looking for a CO2 tank for a keezer, it was 3 miles away and the price was far too good to turn down.
IMG_1700.JPG
IMG_9302.JPG

Also, not sure what took me so long but this is my first post.

I spend about 3 years finishing my walkout basement, doing everything myself.

The countertop is concrete, poured upside down in melamine - great outcome but intense labor. The tap tower is 3" black iron pipe. I stumbled upon the perlick kegerator when i was on craigslist looking for a CO2 tank for a keezer, it was 3 miles away and the price was far too good to turn down.View attachment 627815View attachment 627816

Also, not sure what took me so long but this is my first post.
Looks nice, well done! Did the same thing with our kitchen concrete countertops. For 50 linear feet total was like $800. Working on a brew pub and will pobably do same thing.

Mounted pipe tap handles, and the bar is fully operating! Front bar is essentially complete; will eventually paint inside the cabinets. Still plenty more to do with the room, building a back bar, etc.

IMG_8006.jpg

IMG_8001.jpg

Last edited:
I got a 4 tap kegerator in the backyard with a bar and my stem In the shed I
Super jealous of all these pages [emoji28]

After seeing this one I'm not sure even to try and make one at home. You've set the "bar" to high my friend :D
Thank you for the kind words. But please use this as an inspiration to build your own, not as a barrier. I'm not a contractor or anything remotely close. I learned as I went. Anyone can do it with enough research and willingness to learn and make mistakes as you go. :mug:

Looks great - any chance of a building parts list for those iron towers? I assume you made these?, including lengths of the barrel pieces?

Thanks... I made the taps based on this: https://brewingwithalex.wordpress.com/2015/06/10/new-kegerator-design-reclaimed-wood-and-pipe/

He used 1_1/4" black iron pieces, but I used 1" at the base for a narrower look (but same length of the main pipes: 10"). I like the narrower look, but I might advise to go with 1_1/4". I cut 1/2" copper tubing going down a few inches into the keezer and up to the top of the main pipe (about 16" each). The foam insulation tubing that wraps copper tubing will fit perfectly into 1-1/4" pipe but was too thick for my pipes. I ended up using fiberglass wrap insulation, which has worked fine.

For each tap (mine), in order for assembly:

1" floor flange
1" x 1" nipple fitting (10" black steel)
1" 90 degree Elbow fitting (2 female ends)
1" x 1" nipple fitting
1" coupling fitting
1" x 1" nipple fitting
1" to 1_1/4" coupling
1_1/4" x 1_1/4" bushing fitting

This draft nipple

1/2" copper tubing, 16" long
Fiberglass wrap insulation

Perlick 630 SS Faucet

Still have some finishing to do, but here you go! Built in my basement surrounding my brew setup. I have my keezer and brewing system along the back wall, and then i have my two Haier wine fridges i use for fermentation tucked underneath. Space for storage of grains and brewing items, and then a small area for glasses. This is primarily just for beer, as we have a bar hutch in our dining room upstairs for all the liquor and glasses and such.

6xWoNzM.jpg

uwfzG54.jpg

TLdgckq.jpg

dXKUBWb.jpg

QjJ937m.jpg

Here’s my spot. Took few years to plan and many nights to figure out all the details. Managing 6 taps was a challenge to figure out but I stole 2 shelves in storage room and put in a commercial kegerator that can fit 4 5 gal cornies and on back leg I get 2 3 gal kegs. Drip try runs to a drain for any leaks. My wife’s request was a dishwasher behind bar and talked me into 6 taps vs 4 I originally spec’ed in. My goal was to make a Irish/English style pub. The stone work ties into the fire place in the basement. I only make beer for the bar, had to hire a craft mans to build it. Best part, first beer I served from the tap was to my builder and his helper.
IMG_8006.JPG
58422016483__C8D13672-AEF5-4DAA-88AA-3E08BEAED1FE.JPG
IMG_9032.JPG

Here’s my spot. Took few years to plan and many nights to figure out all the details. Managing 6 taps was a challenge to figure out but I stole 2 shelves in storage room and put in a commercial kegerator that can fit 4 5 gal cornies and on back leg I get 2 3 gal kegs. Drip try runs to a drain for any leaks. My wife’s request was a dishwasher behind bar and talked me into 6 taps vs 4 I originally spec’ed in. My goal was to make a Irish/English style pub. The stone work ties into the fire place in the basement. I only make beer for the bar, had to hire a craft mans to build it. Best part, first beer I served from the tap was to my builder and his helper. View attachment 654336View attachment 654337View attachment 654338

Excellent builds guys! Thanks for posting. This is my favorite thread here.

You guys make me want to buy another house just to build an inside brew pub. One question, what are those poor guitars doing behind glass?? Built my VERY humble brewpub shead around the piano.

Total cost of 2500 and only 2 months of build time on my weekends was the main benefit.
Here’s my spot. Took few years to plan and many nights to figure out all the details. Managing 6 taps was a challenge to figure out but I stole 2 shelves in storage room and put in a commercial kegerator that can fit 4 5 gal cornies and on back leg I get 2 3 gal kegs. Drip try runs to a drain for any leaks. My wife’s request was a dishwasher behind bar and talked me into 6 taps vs 4 I originally spec’ed in. My goal was to make a Irish/English style pub. The stone work ties into the fire place in the basement. I only make beer for the bar, had to hire a craft mans to build it. Best part, first beer I served from the tap was to my builder and his helper. View attachment 654336View attachment 654337View attachment 654338
Image%20(12).jpeg
Image%20(13).jpeg
Image%20(14).jpeg
Image%20(15).jpeg

Picked up the bar in a consignment shop. Got the stools on Craigslist. Bought the lighted 3 tier display and lighted shelves online. Shelves and 3 tier display light up and change colors. Kegerator from (where else?) Kegerator.com. Handpump from UK Brewing. I’ve since added a portable ice maker and a Margaritaville frozen margarita maker, not in the pictures.

Bar is only 5 feet. I had to make it work in the little space I had in the basement. No sink, no wetbar, and no bathroom down there.
18096F91-2A69-4BB5-865E-0508494714B5.jpeg

44A48DDC-6583-43DA-AAC5-53F9650EC9F1.jpeg
3E5F6CC7-933E-4206-A1BC-970BD45B2B88.jpeg
C5EEE550-D88C-40F4-A577-7FFBF3062384.jpeg
361C9C80-A0C1-4324-870B-852EE92A556D.jpeg

0A1691A6-2652-4DE0-95E1-D3E417F2A2AC.jpeg
C05FAA9C-8AEE-488A-9EB0-5DBFE9BB7F55.jpeg

1B7FBB07-EF06-4EE6-9E2D-8FC971EFE5CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Picked up the bar in a consignment shop. Got the stools on Craigslist. Bought the lighted 3 tier display and lighted shelves online. Shelves and 3 tier display light up and change colors. Kegerator from (where else?) Kegerator.com. Handpump from UK Brewing. I’ve since added a portable ice maker and a Margaritaville frozen margarita maker, not in the pictures.

Bar is only 5 feet. I had to make it work in the little space I had in the basement. No sink, no wetbar, and no bathroom down there.
View attachment 655355
View attachment 655356 View attachment 655357 View attachment 655358 View attachment 655359
View attachment 655362 View attachment 655363
View attachment 655365

Love the beer engine. I need one of those.

http://realaleamerica.com/?page_id=2083

I got mine from UK Brewing. They sell all kinds of cask ale supplies. The link above is great info how to connect it. It took me a bit to figure it out. So I’ll pass it on and hopefully save you some trouble.

Do you know if you can use this with a regular old keezer with the tap on top?

Do you know if you can use this with a regular old keezer with the tap on top?

The handpump I have is a clamp on model. It clamps to the top of the bar. The link I sent was how to connect hoses. The hoses that connect to most of the handpumps are much larger than what we normally use for corny kegs or beer line. The problem this causes is that you can’t put a corny keg disconnect on the other end. But if you use the John Guest fittings, the piece they show that has a barbed end and a smooth end is also available as a step down for different sizes on each end. So you run the large hose to the step down with a smaller hose on the other side. I think its like 1/2” to 3/16”.

There is no reason you couldn’t have a corny in a keezer and run a line to the handpump clamped to the bar. If you have a handpump though you probably want to brew something English and those beers are not usually served ice cold anyway. My kegerator holds 3 and has 2 taps. So I keep the one in there for the handpump until serving time. Then I take it out and let it warm a little. Truth be told I only use it occasionally for parties.

The other big thing you have to remember is a handpump is gravity dispense, doesn’t use co2 pressure. So you have to vent your corny keg before you attach the keg to the handpump, or the pressure in the keg will push beer out through the pump and possibly damage the pump. You can lock the vent open on most corny kegs while in use and this will mimick a cask. Then we cheat by sealing and purging with co2 when we are done pumping beers. Unless you’re going to drink a keg in one sitting.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I want to do! Run a line from a corny up through the keezer top to a beer engine connected to the bar countertop. Thx!

IMG_6061.JPG IMG_6054.JPG IMG_6059.JPG Here is my new set up using walnut I cut 30 years ago. The funny thing behind the bar is a glass rinser using two kegs and CO2 to drive it. IMG_6064.JPG The keezer has a real still head on it to serve beer. It is insulated and divides so cold air is sucked from Keezer bottom and across the tap shanks and returns to the keezer top. It runs on a relay to control the tower temp. See digital controller assembly on keezer back spot.

Back