Show me your sack!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doesn't it have a air adjustment on it? think it just looks like it needs more oxygen....

edit: i used to think jet engines sounded cool, then i found out it's a balancing act with flow/air ratio to get the most heat....before i just left my air thingy(SP?) wide open and cranked the flow up all the way, looks like your having the opposite problem...i learned those little twisty air things are adjustable for a reason....

I have the air vent wide open on mine and it is still not enough. i get an ugly carbon buildup on the bottom of my kettles :(

I have the air vent wide open on mine and it is still not enough. i get an ugly carbon buildup on the bottom of my kettles :(

that's what i learned, you need to close it more....anything but beautiful blue flame is wasted propane....it might not be as loud and cool sounding, but it's hotter....turn down the propane, and get a solid blue flame from the bottom of the gas ports....

Finally got a couple of pics for y'all

20190606_070248-1.jpg 20190606_091234-1.jpg 20190606_091935-1.jpg

My sack has been in service since 2012. Made it out of curtain material from Walmart for $5 and some time with a sewing machine.

I converted my burner to natural gas, no propane bottles to run out mid boil. [emoji41]
20190608_100540.jpeg

Mine is corroded. I think you're talking about where the hose goes into burner...correct?
Mines rusted closed, if it was ever operable...assuming we're talking about the same thing.
Got a lot of years out of that cheap burner, but its making my stainless brew pot ugly...and that pot ain't cheap.

drill some holes in it, bingo.

The only reason I have the towel under the kettle is to protect the finish on the wood. Im not sure if it would damage it or not but I prefer not to find out the hard way.

Back