Should I make a yeast starter? quick help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky2284

Reaction score
I pitched my yeast/no starter (WhiteLabs Burton Ale Liquid Yeast) last night around 9pm. i haven't seen any fermentation signs, no krausen. how could i fix this if possible?

my OG was 1.052

Sparky, I'm afraid that the moderators are going to fuss at you for posting the same question three times. Try not to do that.

Relax. Post once. Wait for responses.;)

Yeah I know, I'm using my phone and it kept going blank when added so I would hit send again. I don't know how to delete. My apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Agreed, that you should be fine. It is a good practice to always make a starter. Fermentation will kick off sooner, and you ensure you have enough yeast to get the job done. Cheers!

Agreed, that you should be fine. It is a good practice to always make a starter. Fermentation will kick off sooner, and you ensure you have enough yeast to get the job done. Cheers!

Thanks, I'm going to start using a starter from now on

Just brewed my first batch using a yeast starter. Active fermentation began within hours (2) not the usual over night thing. I have heard that a starter will infuse more of the yeast flavor. This brew is my second time for this flavor profile beer so I will see if the starter makes a difference. :mug:

Back