should i bottle my wheat beer, attenuation of coopers yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesalmon

Reaction score
i am new to the site and this is my first post.

i am currently brewing a coopers wheat beer kit to which i added 1.5kg lme and .5kg dme topped up to about 22.5 liters.
got an og of about 1.046 that dropped to about 1.020 in about 3 days.
after a further 4 days i added more yeast (same strain)as the fermentation had not budged.
i left it a week and now the gravity is about 1.016. at all times the temp has been very stable between 20c and 22c. should i bottle soon?

this is my second brew, the first i tryed was the same kit with 500g dme and 300g dextrose. this came out fine but a bit lite with a og of 1.034 and an fg of 1.008 which is why i loaded it up with malt this time.

any advise or suggestions would be great

manythanks

I'm not real experienced here, but I don't think it would hurt to leave it another week, checking the gravity every other day or so, just to be sure and to give the yeast time to clean up after itself.

It never hurts to leave it another week. Once your FG is stable for three or more days in a row, it's safe to assume that fermentation is complete. Then give it another week or two to let stuff drop out. Then bottle.

Back