Should I be worried?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

williepete

Reaction score
Tried to get a good picture best I can get. Should this concern me? They are one week bottled Blueprint IPA.

Pics
1541201253198.jpeg
IMG_20181102_192716.jpeg

Nothing to worry about. The yeast that's left in the beer are consuming the priming sugar, causing a mini fermentation. In a few days time, you'll have carbonated beer. Put them in the fridge next weekend for at least a day and crack on open. They may or may not need more time, though.

The kit says three weeks but I had bottling issues where I ended up having to pour it in the bottles.

The kit says three weeks but I had bottling issues where I ended up having to pour it in the bottles.

Putting a timeline on carbonation is futile. The yeast do what yeast do and at the pace they want. With that in mind, carbonation can be pretty quick with the bottles at room temp. I've had decent carbonation on day 3. What I lacked was the heading on the beer. That takes much longer so you can have carbonated beer that tastes pretty good quickly but you won't have the heading the says it really is beer.

There is a little more to learn too. A wheat beer will be ready to drink about as soon as it is carbonated. As the beer color deepens and/or the alcohol level goes up the time for the beer to fully mature goes up. A nice amber beer will be pretty good at 3 weeks but a porter might be much better in 3 months. An Imperial stout might get really good at a year and still be improving slowly at 2 years.

Back