Short on cells

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afretallick

Reaction score
Hey there everyone I am prepping to brew my first batch of beer and I was looking at using A10 darkness-imperial organic yeast. I am currently deployed and I want to have everything at home for my arrival so I can have a brew date night with the wife as a start to a new hobby. I will be brewing robust porter organic beer with a OG of 1.058. The can has 2 billion cells and from what i have come up with on a yeast calculator is I need 213B. Will it ruin my batch of I am 13 b short. This is a surprize for her so having a yeast starter is out of the question. Can I get a second can and add half? Can you put to much yeast in a batch? What actually happens when your just shy on cells, is the alc% lowered? Any help would be great.

I wouldn't even sweat it if you're only 13b shy. It will turn out fine. The yeast will replicate like mad and you'll be there in no time, it won't affect the alcohol percentage.

Back