Shiner Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarBac

Reaction score
I was looking for some inspiration for my next brew (some sort of Bock), so I picked up a six pack of Shiner Bock. This **** tastes like dark caramel colored fish tank water. Yuck. WTF. Luckily I also picked up a bottle of Paulaner Salvator which was incredible. I think I'll shoot for that instead.

Shiner bock is my least favorite beer in the world. id rather drink Milwaukee's best for the rest of my life than have to taste another one of those.

I had it for the first time visiting the Fiancee's parents down in Florida over Christmas. I enjoyed it for what it is.

Yeah. It's actually a dark lager, not a true bock. Salvator is a dopplebock though, not a straight up traditional bock either.

A fish would be so lucky to swim in Shiner. If I were a fish, I would jump out of the ocean and into a vat of Shiner. Any Shiner. Except Smokehaus, I'll give you that. Nobody's perfect, dude. But Shiner comes damn close.

Please see the advice column thread for help with your tongue.

Back