Shh... It's here.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Die_Beerery

Reaction score
I was granted the opportunity to do some testing on this. Stay tuned..

br28ocl.jpg

That's pretty awesome! Can't wait to hear more about your experiences

The design is very impressive indeed. Having a cogged belt driving both MASSIVE fluted rollers is one hella good start.
And SSB must be confident AF to pay for the tooling that produced that amazing extrusion. That ain't "Play Doh Fun Factory" stuff...

Cheers!

I threw in a few lbs to get an idea. I started at zero. It was a little too fine. Went to +2 and it passed the visual test, until I get my sieves out and do the real testing. The tool less gap change is nothing short of magical.

Adjustments.JPG

Looks like a lovely machine, if I had one, I'd be sure to keep a spare belt on hand, as looks like the weak link critical part.

I'm sure a unit like this would be helpful to some, but can get decent quality crush with mill that costs a lot less and has less to maintain.

Testing? I thought it was out already. A friend of mine posted on Facebook that he got his on Monday... and right out of the box the power switch was broken. "I'll tell you from first hand experience that when your $800 grain mill shows up but doesn't work correctly you are not pleased."

Nothing quite like being able to change the gap on the fly... sorry I missed this thread but I got mine in December and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Cheers!

Good review thanks! Nice piece of engineering there for sure.
I would only list price as a con if the thing ends up being unreliable or having a short service life although that looks unlikely based on the initial quality.

Back