• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California SF Bay Area: Stainless Steel (304) Condensate Hood 5' x 2' x 1'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dermotstratton

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a condensate hood for my new indoor electric brewery build. During delivery there was a slight dent in hood. The fabricator decided to send me a new hood and FedEx paid claim and decided it was not worth shipping hood back across the country, so they left me with both hoods.

It is $750 new, but since it is slightly damaged (I think it would be easy fix dent) and since I have no need for another hood, I'm trying to find someone who might need this. I'm only asking $100 for this. This is basically the scrap price for the material alone. Just hoping I can find someone who needs it as opposed to selling it to the local scrap yard.

Shipping would not be practical for this item, so local pickup only.

I still have not removed it from crating material, so it is hard get a good picture. I have attached a picture of the dent/damaged area.

It does not have beautiful welds and the hood is not flawless cosmetically, but it is functional and a great price.

If people are more serious about buying this, I can take some pictures of the welds to give people a better idea of what to expect.

I don't want to uncrate, though, in case someone wants to pay for shipping to their location. I would really prefer local pickup.

Dermot Hood (1).jpg

Send an email to the Bay Area Mashers homebrew club, if you want locals. There are several other local clubs, but I'm partial to BAM.

I'm an officer in San Francisco Homebrewers Guild, so I'm partial to us :)

I've been asking around, but don't know anyone doing an indoor electric brewery build right now.

Thank you for suggestion though!

Dimensions are in title. 5 feet wide by 1 foot high by 2 feet deep is the actual size of the hood. Dimensions including crating materials is closer to 6 feet wide by 2 feet high by 3 feet wide. The shipping weight was listed as 140 lbs.

I'm trying to not get involved with shipping. If you are interested in pricing out shipping, the pickup location would be 94131.

Again this is a super low price, the metal sheet alone would cost you more than this before you formed and welded it.

It has a defect in it and I don't want to get involved with paying for shipping and then having someone complain it is not in perfect condition.

Please PM if you want to suggest arrangements for shipping. I'm not looking to make money off this, just don't want to have to deal with shipping.

I'm interested and I'm in the East Bay.

Pictures?

I may come look (and buy) this weekend if available.

I'll PM you after viewing pics; I'm curious about the welds. The dent maybe not so much....

John

I am installing the non-dented hood tomorrow and will take pictures and post to this thread.

A little bit more information I forgot to include: This hood was build by Larkin Hoods (http://www.larkinhoods.com/) It is their standard economy hood that was made to the custom dimensions I requested. My build is being modeled after Kal's electric brewery, so the hood is big enough to cover the standard 2' x 5' stainless steel table that he recommended. (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M87WG78/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20)

My main concern was functionality. The welds look amble, but they are not polished back and made to look cosmetically seamless. If I was hanging this hood in a newly remodeled kitchen, the welds might bother me, but this is in my brewery, so pretty welds are not as much of a concern to me.

I believe the small dent can fairly easily be banged out, but I didn't want to attempt to do so myself. I figured whoever buys it can make that decision if they feel it is necessary.

I am hanging the new non-dented hood tomorrow afternoon and will take more up close images of welds and the hood, so that everyone knows what to expect.

I have had a couple of local queries, so I will see if that works out, before offering to some who requires shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I'm on the east coast
I'll be making my own hood In month or so when I start electric build
Good luck with sale

Back