• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California SOLD - [SF Bay Area] Keezer - 5 cu ft w/ 10" Collar - $300

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Poggetti

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
PRICE $300 - Located in San Mateo, CA. 30 Minutes south of San Francisco. No shipping, local only.

Hey all, I'm upgrading to bigger and better things, so my first and trusty keezer is up on the market. However, I have taken a few things from this one and moved it to my old one. Here is everything that comes with it, and things you will need to get yourself up and running. Everything is Stainless, no chrome plated parts. Sorry for the huge wall of text following, but since I am keeping a few things I felt it necessary to explain what's what.

Includes assembled:
  • 5cu ft Magic Chef keezer, bought from Home Depot 2.5 years ago. Works great, kept at 45 degrees during it's tenure. Allows for (3) 5 gallon cornies comfortably, and if you really squeezed it you could fit your 5 lb CO2 tank as well.
  • Wooden collar, 10" tall. Stained I think American Walnut or Dark Walnut Varathane brand. Looks okay.
  • (2) qty Perlick 630SS faucets
  • (2) qty 5 inch Stainless shanks, nipples, beer nuts.
  • (2) barely used beer lines 10' 3/16 ID beer line. Replaced these in March, they've had 1.5 kegs run through them each. Not pictured here because they're hang drying right now I've just cleaned them.
  • (1) 2 way gas manifold, gas lines included.
  • (2) CM Becker liquid and (2) CM Becker gas Quick connects for ball lock cornies

Not Included, things you'll need to get it fully functioning
  • Kegs
  • Temperature Controller. I used an Inkbird 308 on it, there's a hole drilled on the right side for the temp probe I had suspended in a bottle of water.
  • CO2 tank
  • Regulator
  • Tap Handles
  • EVA Dry Dehumidifier. Highly recomended, never had any condensation issues. I have two and just sub them out once a week when i remember.
  • CPU fan for air circulation. The one i used on this keezer died. Probably 2.5 years at 100% power= was a little much. RIP.

Additional info, things to know before buying it from me
  • I haven't uploaded a picture of the inside because I still need to wipe it down. I couldn't be bothered to reach in there and deal with the drippings from when you disconnect the liquid QDs. Nothing terrible, but I'd rather post a nice clean pic.
  • The collar is lined with white styrofoam. Held temps well. But it's kinda gross looking after going through 50 to 60 kegs. Easy enough to replace with that pink insulation board you see all over here.
  • You'll see an empty hole on the right with no faucet. That housed my stout faucet which I am keeping. Sorry! That is easily plugged with silicone, foam insulation, a cap, whatever you think is best. Or buy another faucet.
  • You'll see another empty hole next to the red gas line tube. That was where I ran the nitro gas line for above said stout faucet. Same as above, you'll need to plug it.
  • It's painted with black chalkboard paint. Pretty sloppily too. Doesn't look terrible but I didn't take my time doing it. Needs a fair bit of touching up. I didn't sand and prep the outside surface before painting so it's likely why it's looking pretty sloppy these days.
  • WAFFLE BLOCKS NOT INCLUDED. :p

I think that covers it. As far as price goes, I put a spreadsheet together of everything's price new at Morebeer.com and Home Depot and marked it down 75%ish. I didn't include beer lines or quick disconnects adding the price up. I know chest freezers are pricey these days so hopefully someone finds this a good deal for them.

Thanks and sorry again for the wall of text,
Nick

Attachments

• 20200604_201019_resized.jpg
    20200604_201019_resized.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200604_201028_resized.jpg
    20200604_201028_resized.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200604_201246_resized.jpg
    20200604_201246_resized.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 51
For real, if more stuff was open, I'd take a day trip or a weekend down there and bring it with. But with the wife and 3 year old, 4 hours round trip in the car is no fun.

Maybe if it's still in my garage in a month or two and you are interested we can chat that. Hope things are well my dude!

Sounds good, no complaints.

We learned my wife is going to be doing her last year of nursing school from home...I think by the time she's done, we'll both need breaks from each other, lol.

Back