Setting up mill for first time, set gap looser or finer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
I have my kegco 3 roller and bought some feeler gauges to set the gap, now I have to take off the side plate if I wanna check it and adjust it so I’m just trying to figure out a good starting setting, I don’t want flour but I’m trying to increase my efficiency after using a new lhbs and becoming frustrated with their crush and my results. I looked around the forum and settled on an avg so I set it at .028. I brew all grain batches and I batch sparge with a false bottom in my mash tun. Is this to fine a crush, I’ve seen some people go even lower without conditioning their grains.

It is a good starting point. Use it and see how your results come out. Next time maybe adjust up or down as needed.

Thanks for the reply. I’m glad I bought some feeler gauges because the factory settings are off. I would assume .028 comes between the setting of zero and .032 however the dials stopped before the .032 setting

Latest posts

Back