Sestos B2E 2R 24 to control a solenoid valve.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuart3142

Reaction score
I need to connect a normally open 12v solenoid valve to a timer (Sestos B2E 2R 24). No other controls, buttons or anything. Now I am not sure if I am being naive here but I just connected the 12v dc (from a transformer) to the two terminals marked ‘power’ – live to 10 and neutral to 9.

I then – perhaps rather misguidedly – assumed I would just need to find the right two outlets to connect the two wires from the solenoid valve onto. Well – I have tried all the combinations but the solenoid will not function. For the avoidance of doubt the timer works fine – lights up, menus open etc. The solenoid also works fine – when I touch its wires to the 12v dc going into the transformer – the valve operates.

What am I missing ? Do I need to link some of the terminals ?

Any advice gratefully received !:mug:

You're right to connect your transformer to the Power terminals. However, the timer doesn't place any voltage across the contacts. Use terminals 4&5 as a 12VDC supply and connect the contact in series with the solenoid. Check out this picture of an SSR as a reference. Remember though, you're using the timer terminals 4&5 as the power supply. Also here's a poorly typed out connection guide for the NO contact: 4->8, 7->SV+, SV- ->5.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1416339190.635239.jpg

Back