Sense of Beer Style - New Show Dedicated to 2021 Beer Style Guidelines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julia_1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I could not be more excited to announce our new beer show Sense of Beer Style. http://senseofbeerstyle.com.

Press Release below and please consider giving it a listen or watch and sharing the show with others. This is the show I wish I had when I was studying for BJCP and Cicerone exams.
------
New Show Sense of Beer Style Features Beer Judge Certification Program 2021 Style Guidelines

Herz and Storton Team Up To Educate The World About Beer

LYONS, COLORADO / BOISE, IDAHO — Two of today’s top educators in beer announce the launch of an innovative new show, Sense of Beer Style, devoted to essential beer-style training for those who want to lead in beer. With beer being the world’s top-selling fermented beverage, the show fills a void by covering foundational concepts and touring the audience through the new 2021 Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) style guidelines. Each episode will be published as a podcast and video show.

Show hosts Jeremy Storton of Good Beer Matters and Julia Herz of HerzMuses Enterprises and the American Homebrewers Association joined forces while studying for the Advanced Cicerone® test (they passed) in the Fall of 2021. As beer educators and BJCP judges, the duo are the perfect pair to help food and beverage professionals, homebrewers, professional brewers, and beer lovers demystify, explore and celebrate the beverage.

“We invite everyone wanting to lead in beer to put Sense of Beer Style on your must-listen-to list,” said Julia Herz, co-host of the show. “A closer study of styles reveals not only ingredients and beer statistics, but also history, culture, regional attributes, and factors that drive our preferences, experiences, and our modern economy,” shared Jeremy Storton, co-host. “Now there is an authoritative resource that educates on the latest in style education and lexicon,” added Herz.

Sense of Beer Style has two versions of episodes. The Prepisodes overview foundational concepts mentioned in the beer style guidelines. Stylecasts cover each style from the 2021 BJCP guidelines, including relevance and history, typical ingredients, brewing process, overall sensory, appearance, aroma, flavor, mouthfeel, style comparison, commercial examples, and vital beer statistics. Herz and Storton also cover ideal glassware, serving temperature, and pairing suggestions for each style.

Listen at SenseofBeerStyle.com via audio published on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon, and more. Video published via Spotify.
Hashtag: #senseofbeerstyle
May be an image of 2 people, drink and text that says 'Sense of Beer Style With Advanced Cicerones® Julia Herz & Jeremy tortor Essential beery style training for those who want to lead in food and beverage SenseOfBeerStyle.com'

Back